• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800GT AGP Version...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tLove

Does anybody know when they will start making the 7800GT and GTX AGP versions? I heard they were, I was just wondering when. I'm either gonna get a nice, propably eVGA, 6800GT for around $300 or a cheap 7800GT card. Problem is that the AGP version isn't out yet, not that I know of. Anybody know when that is going to be for purchase? Thanks :cool:

I always thought the 6xxx series were the last AGP cards as well....

The folks over at evga are claiming Nvidia WILL push one out, but ONLY if there's a huge demand for it. So, if you want an AGP version, email Nvidia and just keep your fingers crossed that someday an AGP version will hit the shelves.

A few reviews on AndAndTech said a few sentences on AGP verisons of it before the end of this year, not sure when though. They probably shouldn't make it though, many might stick with the 7800GTX on AGP and forget getting newer nVIDIA cards.

Devyl said:
The folks over at evga are claiming Nvidia WILL push one out, but ONLY if there's a huge demand for it. So, if you want an AGP version, email Nvidia and just keep your fingers crossed that someday an AGP version will hit the shelves.

They have said that since the inception of the card being announced, and I still see no AGP flavor announcement, there is demand, its just not enough demand to retool their manufacturing process to make an AGP flavor ;)

There won't be 7800 AGP series PERIOD. This has been asked and answered many times before.

The last AGP vid card that Nvidia will release is 6800XT and that's it.

I figured it would compete against that. Why not call it 6600XT if it's going to be 8-pipe, tho?

i was in the same boat, wanting an AGP 7800, but i found the EVGA that comes with a PCIe mobo. problem solved ! OH and it's a damn fine motherboard too ! does everything i need it to do (see sig)

Really? How is it with OCing... good BIOS?

How high is vdimm... how many dram timing options?

this royally sucks. I don't know about you guys... but i find that the lack of AGP is VEYR dissapointing. AGP still has good years left in it (it hasn't even been maxed yet!). This is a very bad turn of events for me. That means to upgrade cards, I have 1 of 2 options. I can upgrade to a 6800GT or Ultra and spend a lot of money on very little improvement, or I have to spend even more money on a new Mobo, CPU, AND Video Card? That is a huge turn off considering how tight money is.

Back