• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oops...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryanlopez4550

Registered
3200 venice...

started overclocking the fsb to see how far it would go and of course being i just got home from work i got impatient...

was at 240 no problems but jumped to 265 lol...

windows went crazy and wouldnt do anything exept restart so i gotta fresh install going.

maybe ill try again later.

get some disk image software to back up your windows and your life will be easyer
if it crap out then u can restor it in few minutes(it take to me 1min to restor the hole)

remenber watch your temp and good luck

ryanlopez4550 said:
3200 venice...

started overclocking the fsb to see how far it would go and of course being i just got home from work i got impatient...

was at 240 no problems but jumped to 265 lol...

windows went crazy and wouldnt do anything exept restart so i gotta fresh install going.

maybe ill try again later.
:welcome: to the Forum.
Well, you are not the first one to get carried away like that and you won't be the last. I suggest you take smaller increments of 5htt at a time. Memtest86 is also a good way to test your ram settings before booting into Windows. Good luck.

yeah, like makaka said.

i use norton ghost and just have a seperate install of windows on another drive. when one goes bad, i boot off the other and use norton to recover the "corrupt" files, and sometimes the whole windows directory.

i know what i did wrong now too

and REVALATION! i understand how to do it now... all these paid hours at work online has shown me the light

i forgot to lower my ldt multiplier while i was doing it and ran way over 1000

think im right? cuz i know i went over 1000 by a bit

ryanlopez4550 said:
i know what i did wrong now too

and REVALATION! i understand how to do it now... all these paid hours at work online has shown me the light

i forgot to lower my ldt multiplier while i was doing it and ran way over 1000

think im right? cuz i know i went over 1000 by a bit
Ryanlopez4550, this is your boss. You will be docked for your personal computer time!.........lol(Sorry, couldn't help myself)
Seriously the the ldt multi could have been it, but just take it a bit slower in case it was something else. Good luck and get back to work! :)

rseven said:
Ryanlopez4550, this is your boss. You will be docked for your personal computer time!.........lol(Sorry, couldn't help myself)
Seriously the the ldt multi could have been it, but just take it a bit slower in case it was something else. Good luck and get back to work! :)

i work for sirius satellite radio... customer support... activating people new cars radios... CRAZY people sometimes... its so freakin awesome

:) Every single time I go overclokin', I screw up the Windows install.

If it weren't for Drive Image, I don't know what I would do. Partition your hard drive first and try to install large applications on a different partition, I install all my large apps to E:\Program Files, as I have two Windows installs on C & D partitions.

Back