• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ EL 1gig x 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shmick

Registered
I am slightly impressed seeing how they are 1gb sticks. I wasn't able to overclock like I was hoping, but I turned my ram settings down to 180mhz and worked from there. I was able to turn the fsb upto 228 and my sisoft scores were nearly 5000. My 3dmark scores for both 03 and 05 were slightly lower by 50 or so points. So I guess all in all it isn't too bad considering I got an extra gig of memory. I play everquest alot so that is well needed, and hopefully after a month or so I can play around with the settings again and see what happens. I must say I am amazed that if I change the timings, it doesn't make a difference. I kept it at 2-3-2-5. I tried 2.5-3-3-7 and tried to get 5 more mhz out of it, and I got a blue screen. That could be my processor kicking out though. I am only running a stock heatsink and fan. I turned the voltage up 3% and all my temps were fine, so I don't know. All in all, I am impressed.

Do you have the 3200 platinum or 3200 performace 1GB kit? From your sig it looks like the platinum kit. Those sticks were designed to run the lowest possible timings at stock speeds, but due to the chips we used for this they don't overclock as well as some of our other sticks. 228FSB is quite a good overclock for those sticks and considering they are rated for pc3200 :)

Back