• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ActiveArmor, Fact or Fiction?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MotzKopf

Registered
So I've built two A8N systems now, an SLI Deluxe, and an E. After reading many post about ActiveArmor, I didn't bother with the SLI build, but thought I'd see for myself when I built my wife's A8N-E rig. Everything seemed to be working fine, until I installed AVAST, then boom, the the bluescreen, reboot blues. I uninstalled AVAST, thought it was working, but when I clicked on Microsoft Update, boom, bluescreen, reboot endless loop. I had to uninstall nvidia drivers under safe mode, and then ActiveArmor and nVidia NAM under normal mode.

It's really a shame, that nVidia's NAM doesn't work. It's really kind of a mute point with the A8N-E as it only has one LAN controller and is sitting behind a D-Link router. But it would have been nice to have a Deluxe board setup with it's ActiveArmor and dual LAN as a server protecting a router.

So is ActiveArmor just fiction or does it in fact work? If so, under what conditions will it work? Maybe under Linux?

Just installed a A8N-E and I had to ditch the nVidia firewall and active armour. Blue screens and web browsers wouldn't work right - Office update, for example, would act like it couldnt even see the internet.

So back to XP firewall and everything works again.

Back