• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce LAN lockup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tabs

Registered
I'm getting a really strange issue occasionally where the nForce LAN controller seems to be basically locking up on me - here's what happens:

I'm browsing a website or something to that effect (using FF 1.0.6) and all of a sudden I'll click a link and it will fail to load and just sit there. FF indicates in the status bar that it's still trying to contact the site etc. At this point the connection is basically dead and I can't get any connection to work - the strange thing is that if I had a download going in the background, it'll still work and continue, I just can't get anything else that uses the connection to work. (email, games etc)

I'm positive it's not the connection to the ISP itself dying (my roommates are both still able to access fine) and as soon as I reboot the machine I'm back to normal and everything works again. I'm really stumped here, I've tried reinstalling the nForce drivers, tried doing a repair on the connection in Network properties after the problem happens, etc.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks,
Ryan

Back