• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top 10 AMD skt 939 motherboards!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

max_clock

What are the best socket 939 boards? Place your opinion.

Personally I like the A8V-E Deluxe because its an awesome board and I haded the pleasure of messing with it and with the 3200+ winnie . It has lots and lots of features and seems to be close to the A8N-SLI Deluxe, if we dont consider going dual gfx cards.

dfi sli nforce 4u
abit nforce 4u
msi nforce 4u
asus nforce 4u
gigabyte nforce 4u

I disagree with all of the above.
It depends on what you want from your board, if you are not an overclocker then the DFI board will not be on the top of your list but an ASUS or Gigabyte board because they are usually loaded with features like built in wireless networking or BT dongles.
You might be looking for a "cool" factor to show off at LAN's so you might go with a Fatal1ty Abit board.
Its all about your needs.

Gigabyte nf4-ultra board have a lot of goodies like RAID 0, 1, 0+1, and 5. Nice Bios setting. I had a few problem with sata raid. :(

I built a pc for a non-overclocker with a DFI nForce4, simply because it has been so solid for me. He told me he would never use most of the feauters the other boards had anyway. I have had a good experience with Shuttle, and my friends have had bad experiences with Gigabyte and MSI.

Let's separate the features from performance please.

I mean back in Socket A days, yes you had the Asus loaded with features but no Asus Socket A could even post all multipliers on unlocked CPUs! This can be a huge deal in overclocking. No one should say it didn't have nice extras but it is a fact that Asus was outperformed significantly by the likes of Soltek when it came to overclocking.

So what about about voltage, is it true that on some of these new boards, you can't even get passed 1.55 volts?!

There should be two categories: performance and extras. I think it's established that DFI had the best overclocker but it is unclear which brand comes close though, so what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Yuriman said:
I built a pc for a non-overclocker with a DFI nForce4, simply because it has been so solid for me. He told me he would never use most of the feauters the other boards had anyway. I have had a good experience with Shuttle, and my friends have had bad experiences with Gigabyte and MSI.

You could have saved some money buying an A8N-SLI that is better than the DFI nForce4 if you are not considering overclocking

c627627 said:
Let's separate the features from performance please.

I mean back in Socket A days, yes you had the Asus loaded with features but no Asus Socket A could even post all multipliers on unlocked CPUs! This can be a huge deal in overclocking. No one should say it didn't have nice extras but it is a fact that Asus was outperformed significantly by the likes of Soltek when it came to overclocking.

So what about about voltage, is it true that on some of these new boards, you can't even get passed 1.55 volts?!

There should be two categories: performance and extras. I think it's established that DFI had the best overclocker but it is unclear which brand comes close though, so what do you guys think?

I think we shoud divide this in two categories: For overclockers and for non overclockers

DFI-overclocker and not its still amazingly stable.. with a possible 10 usbs, raid, firewire, onboard sound u cant go wrong with it

Asrock 939 Dual-SATA2.

OK its a value mobo but with the ULi chipset supporting AGP and PCIe, the on board sound and SATA2 its pretty feature packed and I'd say it wins a prize innovation. I'm not saying its a great board and its by no means perfect but anandtech gave it a decent review and its become quite popular at the www.overclockers.co.uk forums.

Flip-Mode said:
I disagree with all of the above.
It depends on what you want from your board, if you are not an overclocker then the DFI board will not be on the top of your list but an ASUS or Gigabyte board because they are usually loaded with features like built in wireless networking or BT dongles.
You might be looking for a "cool" factor to show off at LAN's so you might go with a Fatal1ty Abit board.
Its all about your needs.
i had 7 or 8 asus mobo for overclocking and some of them runnig @stock
1)asus have a high price
2)they have crappy bios
3)a very very poor support (never got reponce from them)
4)asus has alwais some probleme such memory timing ,diode lead ,fan header not working ....
i never got any asus stable for me even @ stock setting maybe i am incompatible with asus :santa2:
just check nforcer forum and see how much probleme are people getting with asus i never recommande asus due to the high price and poor oc
i will recommande asus for p4 system .here it has a good result such p4xxxx serie

Back