• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 1.8A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeppers, the 1.8A was a good overclocker back in it's day. There were two 1.8 P-4 processors, Willamette with 256k cache which is not that good and the very sweet Northwood 1.8A with 512k cache. Even the older B0 stepping 1.8A will usually run at 133 FSB for 2.4 gig. If you luck out and get a C1 stepping, then 3 gig or more is possible with good cooling. The only thing is, these older P-4's don't have hyperthreading.

So for 80 bucks would that proc(made in 2001) and a pc chips m930 mobo be a good deal?

yeah.. 1.8a northwoods would compete with cpus even today if overclocked right.. i have a 1.6a that was awesome.. i didnt oc it much though

depends on what youll be using it for, 80 sounds kinda pricy for that old cpu, i own a celeron 1.8a, i get it upto 2.58ghz "limited by my memory sadly", im sure itd go further. anyways try and stick to a mobo with an intel chipset, 865X + :) i use an asus p4p800-mx and got it to my oc and now im on an asus p4p800-vm which is a nice mobo with PAT, though i dont notice the increase really :)

Back