• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what would you rather have with your XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If forced to choose.... I'd shoot myself in the head. :)

Nah, I'd take the A7M. But honestly, there are better mobos out there. WAY better. Namely, the new KT266A boards.

SickBoy

if you already got he 2 use the a7 but if its a new board u want ge tthe AK 31 (Shuttle) Rev 3 or hte Epox 8kha+ AWESOME BOARDS

Rack said:
a7v266-e for me. KT266a chipset and internal diode reader!

Do you think its comparable to the Shuttle AK31 r3.1 and EPoX 8HKA+, or better...

I'll be looking for a 266a mobo soon...

TIA!

Mr B

A7M over the A7A anyday : )
It's got better performance, but it's more expensive. I run the A7M and one of my roommates runs the A7A and there's no real difference. A7M runs cooler in general

I think im going for the abit kg7..... No more VIA ****.

Via might be faster than the amd chipset but is hell of alot more unstable and got more bugs like the sblive problem, memory leaks. I mainly use my computer for video capturing so i have discovered alot of problems, suddently freezes, and pci bandwith problem at high resolutions which will make some black horisontal lines.

Atleast the kt133/a had that problem. These are known problems.

But i dunno if via have resolved the problems for the newer chipset.

Well, if you end up with the KG7, you end up with only Part of an AMD chipset....you still get stuck with a VIA southbridge. I don't know of a single manufacturer that has used the 761's accompanying southbridge on a motherboard.

It's not the nortbridge that causes the SBLive problem. It's the southbridge. So even with the KG7, you still may not be safe from this problem. If you abolutely NEED to steer clear of all things VIA, SiS or ALi are the only ways to do this. Both the AMD and VIA DDR chipsets use the same southbridge - the VIA 686B. Supposedly, they did resolve the problem with driver updates and other things, but it did much to tarnish VIA's image.

I have a KT266 mobo and a Sb Live X-Gamer 5.1

I have no problems with my sound..
So drivers or Bios or somthing has probably fixed it

Back