• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YaY! i hit 4.1Ghz on a 640

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrangler88

i was having problems before with my intel 640 from china! :shrug: trying to hit 4ghz, i could set the FSb to 250 and could run memtest for over 24hours no problems, 2 prime95's for over 2 hours but would still get crashes and sometimes windows wouldnt load until i rebooted a few times so i foudn out that if i set it to 245fsb it would work perfect, well fooling aorund tryign to hit 4ghz, i changed my memory which is Patriot DDR 500 :shrug: from 2.8v's to 3v's let me go up to a fsb of 257 which gives me 4.12ghz, woohoo stable as can be granted im running at 1.6v to the proc, but at idle its at 30 degrees and at load it doesnt get over 51 degrees so i think it'll be ok, dual priming most of the day and no errors yet, superpi works perfect and so does futuremark 05.....anyway im content now, just wantd to blab!

Mind telling me what extended memory timings you're using on that AS8? All of the ones below the PAT setting...

Everything's stable on mine at 250x16 = 4GHz, but I'm still getting 3D lockups after looping 3DMark2001...

Back