• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no picture?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elitebear4

my computer has been running screwy lately, with screwed up temps, screwed up harddrive, and screwed up display. im pretty sure this isnt my video card problem (because i tested it on a diff comp and it was fine) but about 50% of the time i turn on my computer, the monitor shows no picture whatsoever. does anybody have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Possible bad psu .

My bro's rig was having the same weird problems as yourself for the past 2 months and we never nailed down the problem (problems were so sporadic) . Last week the power suppy just went up in smoke with a bad cap , (Antec PP412X/400watt) for no apparent reason (all though it was 4yrs old ,but all the rails were perfect) . The pc still powered up , but the first thing to shut down was the v/card (no video on power-up) :( . Not sure if anything is damaged on the rest of the rig , but we'll find out when the psu comes in the mail this week .

For all the strange problems we were having (such as yourself) ,and for such a long ; it was one of those things you could not find or anticipate till the problem showed its ugly head .

Test your psu and see if that MAY be the problem . ;)

hmmm, how should i test it?? i never suspected it to be a psu problem, since my rails are perfectly fine

Back