• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uh oh, ram is failing superpi... help? :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zer0nix

I hate having to ask for help so much. my new, rma replacement ram is failing 32M superpi and i'm afraid that performance will once again deteriorate until my computer is almost utterly unusable -which is exactly what happened with my old ram... it passes 3 hrs of memtest and 9 hrs of prime95 with no errors but cannot pass a single second of 32M superpi; i get an error with undecipherable characters -pretty much exactly what happened in the beginning with my old ram.

what the hell does this mean? this is the second stick of this ram and i'm getting a superpi error running at below spec (512mb ch6 pc3200 kingston value ram @ 6/6, xpm2500 default speed)... i don't want to, but now i have to suspect my mobo (NF7S v2 w Merlin's Ub3r D25 BIOS CPC On -running with cpc off), especially since i could NEVER properly install drivers for it's onboard devices, it was bought used off the forums and when it arrived (with imho, utterly inadequate packaging -just the box you get it in if you buy it at the store which got totally busted from the ride and even had a hole somewhere) it's mosfet and sb sinks were totally knocked off and the nb sink was ajar...

guys, please tell me this is not so and that there could be something else causing these problems...

...can y'all believe that with these problems i'm again considering buying something used and off the forums? my frugality seems tantamount to stupidity...

...course the ram was bought new and gave me hella problems -but now i don't know if it ever was the ram :-/

PS: ram is correctly installed in slot 3

Last edited:
have not yet tried putting it in other slots, guess i'll try that next... i'm currently giving the ram 2.8v

Back