• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sempron64 3000+ oc results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

electrorcamd

I got my Sempron64 3000+ (1.8GHz, 128KB L2) a week ago, and I got my Chaintech VNF3-250 today when I got home from school. The cpu is an LBBWE 0527.
This is my first time ocing an Athlon 64, so if I am doing something wrong, please tell me. This is what I have right now:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=39094
I have the voltage set to 1.475 in the BIOS, but I don't need that much for that speed. I was having stability problems earlier but then I discovered it was another problem (not for sure what).
I am using stock cooling for now, but with AS5. Temps are always around 50C; I'm guessing that is just because the AS5 hasn't spread and broken in yet? I followed the directions on the Arctic Silver website for the large surface area use.
Just wanted to share my results for now.

Edit:
Now doing this with 1.5V:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=39101
I'm fairly positive neither of these are stable, I just want to know what the max speeds my cpu and motherboard will do.

Edit 2:
1.575V:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=39103

Edit 3:
I hit about 2850, but it was unstable. My board also seems to overvolt as it was putting 1.65V into it and it was only set to 1.6V. Anyways, that is probably as high as I will go for tonight. I will run a burn in overnight, then try to hit 2900 tomorrow. :) I think it should be able to, my temps were getting up in the mid 50s just sitting in the bios at 2800 though.
Right now I am running 300x9=2700 at 1.525 (in bios) vcore.

Last edited:
Watch your temps carefully, have you checked the load temps yet? Also as soon as you get it running cooler it should go higher or at least be stable with a lower voltage. I'm curious to know how it performs, how it feels really, I'm may be building a pc for a friend and I'm not sure if I should go with a celeron D or a sempron, but it's more important to know if it feels fast, cause benchmarks are not too important when someone is surfing the web. What are you getting to cool it anyway?

My temps are really bad. My room temp is about 92F right now, at almost 9:00PM. Idle is about 48C, load got up to 59C while running Rendertest. Those are both at 300x9, 1.5V.
As for overall usability, it responds quick and loads most things quickly. I don't have anything installed right now except for small benchmarks and overclocking things, but it seems fine for web browsing. It might be better to get the 2800+ because it has 256KB L2 cache instead of 128KB L2, so that would help overall usability.
It is noticeably faster than an emachines with a Celeron D 2.66GHz.

I'm not sure what I will be using for cooling later on, nor do I know when I will be getting new cooling. I'll probably get an XP90 or one of the Zalmans.

I would recommend that you get the 2800+ instead of the 3000+ for your friend. It is cheaper, has more cache, and clocks just as high. I got mine to a max of about 2.88 before my ram started giving me problems. At that speed the load temps were in the high 40's with a silencer64. As for how fast it feels, I think it feels just as fast as my winchester. BF2 runs great and everything feels crisp in windows. At stock, it feels a little slow but still better than any celeron I have tried.

I can't do much of anything stable today. Right now it is 98F in my room. I'm at 2.35GHz and default vcore, and my load temp is about 57C. I've tried almost everything I can to get it cooler, but it only dropped 1 or 2 degrees.

This morning I had about 43C idle at 2.6, I guess that is a decent temp for 88F ambient?
Thanks for the help so far.

electrorcamd said:
I got my Sempron64 3000+ (1.8GHz, 128KB L2) a week ago, and I got my Chaintech VNF3-250 today when I got home from school. The cpu is an LBBWE 0527.
This is my first time ocing an Athlon 64, so if I am doing something wrong, please tell me. This is what I have right now:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=39094
I have the voltage set to 1.475 in the BIOS, but I don't need that much for that speed. I was having stability problems earlier but then I discovered it was another problem (not for sure what).
I am using stock cooling for now, but with AS5. Temps are always around 50C; I'm guessing that is just because the AS5 hasn't spread and broken in yet? I followed the directions on the Arctic Silver website for the large surface area use.
Just wanted to share my results for now.

Edit:
Now doing this with 1.5V:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=39101
I'm fairly positive neither of these are stable, I just want to know what the max speeds my cpu and motherboard will do.

Edit 2:
1.575V:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=39103

Edit 3:
I hit about 2850, but it was unstable. My board also seems to overvolt as it was putting 1.65V into it and it was only set to 1.6V. Anyways, that is probably as high as I will go for tonight. I will run a burn in overnight, then try to hit 2900 tomorrow. :) I think it should be able to, my temps were getting up in the mid 50s just sitting in the bios at 2800 though.
Right now I am running 300x9=2700 at 1.525 (in bios) vcore.

holey moley...forget dual core... :drool: , I think i want a sempron. decisions decisions...I want a sempron!

Npetune3000 said:
holey moley...forget dual core... :drool: , I think i want a sempron. decisions decisions...I want a sempron!

That is justified, I would say. The best part is that they are so cheap you end up not caring about killing them, so you actually have more fun.

Npetune3000 said:
lol, I would (possibly, the cost is why I wouldn't want one) prefer to have an X2. They can usually oc stably to 2.6-2.8 and have more cache, in addition to being dual core. These are good for just ocing like crazy or if you are on a budget as I was. Most of my benches are up with 939s of a little lower speed, and higher than 754s at the same speed from what I can tell.

Right now 2.6 seems stable at 1.45-1.475V. 2.7 would probably be stable except for temps in the mid 50s, and 2.8 does not seem likely to be stable in the near future.

Molester said:
people, people, can we get a colletion to get this man a window a/c unit!!
I have a/c, I'm just not allowed to mess with the settings much or turn it on. I'm not the one that pays for it.
This has been my max suicide screenshot:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=39447
I had it set to 1.65V in the bios, which is 1.65-1.68V actual.

I am folding stable at 2.55GHz and 1.475V.

Here is mine, same VNF3-250 motherboard... :)

semp645zx.png

Using stock cooler at the moment. Once I get the new Athlon64 all squared away I will be playing with this baby. A 7000b on a bare die is what I am thinking. :cool:

BTW there is a new BIOS that properly IDs the CPU.

Last edited:
mmmm, 2.7 for <$80, too bad w/ the cache, but damn, think i have a chip in mind for my wife's non-gaming pc, and my parents as well

very nice overclock! could probably do 2.8GHz with 70f ambiant room. 92f? man you need some a/c! its 82 in my room and I turned the a/c colder cause I was sweating! too bad for the 128k cache and single channel, that would be about 600MHz slower than a s939 venice so your 2.8 would be like a stock 3500+ venice

Your OC is vary good , but I think that for 90nm core process 1.7 V are too high . If you are going to work on this PC at 1.7 V your CPU will die in few months.

lukumce said:
Your OC is vary good , but I think that for 90nm core process 1.7 V are too high . If you are going to work on this PC at 1.7 V your CPU will die in few months.
I know it is too high, I just wanted to see what it would take to hit at least 2.8GHz. I'm trying to keep it below 1.6V or so.

I also just got a Thermaltake Big Typhoon, and my load temps are now about 49-50C at 2.55GHz, 1.55V, ~88F ambient.

Back