• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how far to push mobile xp 2600+ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freakystyley

got the athlon xp mobile 2600+ running at
200mhz fsb on kt880 machspeed viper via chips (v881das)
12x
1.75 vcore
2.8 vdimm ocz gold ddr400 dual ch 2-2-2-6 2t
1.7vddq fx5550
2.5v chipset adjust 2%
430w antec true power 2.0

prime95 ran no errors for 12 hours (max'ed at 46*C), I had a reboot and had to stop the torture test. after reboot, I dl'ed some pic's from a digital camera and got a blue screen memory dump error!! so now it is at the same with 11.5x and okay so far. this is my first real OC project, and was looking for suggestions for stability - speed is fine, but anything so far is better than the 2100+ stocker I had.

What cooling do u have?

and push it as far as u want :p i personaly im willing to push mine till it breaks... but then again im a fool :)

u should be able to ur cpu up to 2500mhz without to many problems as far as i know most 2600+ xp M's can do this.

edit:
do you have access to multiplyers over 12.5?

Last edited:
most (2500mhz) with good cooling of course..

if its your first oc then experiment alot ... go through and pull up older threads .. good starting point !!

adjust your ram to relaxed timings and find your cpu sweet spot... dont over do it !!

also post up your steppings...
do you have a volt meter ? and have you located voltage points on your board for testing ?

Come on feed that baby some more juice ;)
1.8v at least... 1.85v i recommend.
See what it hits at 1.85v and if its less than like 100MHz, dont bother...

My Tbred handles 1.95v....your mobile barton should be able to also.

PUSH IT!!!! As long as you have the cooling, throw everything that you think it can handle. 46 is a pretty good load temp, you could probably bump it up a bit more w/ that sink. I think i've got my 2400 at 1.75, and I'll definitely crank it up even more in a couple weeks when i switch to water. These mobiles can handle an awful lot, that's why so many people love them

I've got mine running about ~2550 mhz for the summer, and I run it at 2600 mhz in the winter months, so you should have a little headroom.

Yeah, I have mine running at 2430ghz @ 1.7v. Once it gets a little cooler I am goign to up the oc a little more. In the winter I can hit ~2.6 and still stay under 50 load.

air cooled, lots of fans. I guess the steping is 1DYHA but I am not sure what it means. the number on the chip was Y946102 B50530 1DYHA 0505 VPMW if that helps?
I set ram to all 3's and a 7 , bumped Vcore to 1.8 and 200fsb 11x and seems stable. I had it at 200/12x and it went black during an application
I have access to multi up to 17x
I have a volt meter but do not know where/how to test mainboard points, or why?

freakystyley are your gaming at all?

i have an iqya xp-m 2600.

only mods to my board(nf7-s v2) at the moment are mosfets, nb/sb lapped and sinked, merlin modded bios.

slk948/92mm delta 45-52cfm fan.

1.8 vcore
1.6v chipset
1.6 vapg
2.7 vdimm

on 2x512mb running 12x200=2.4ghz easily.

39-42 idle, 49-53c load p95, cool ambient temp.

during gaming my chip never gets over 45c, i only play halo c.e. on maxed settings with in the game.

when it gets a little hotter like mid day and my room gets warm, sometimes i need to up the vcore to 1.825.

for me it comes down to cooling, when i have the a/c on i can run this same setup with 1.775 vcore, gaming stable.

i have taken my setup to 2.58 ghz p95 stable but had to have the a/c on and 1.85 or just a little more vcore, 2.9 vdimm to get it stable.

at this moment i'm in the process of v-modding my board and video card.

i'm having alot of fun with this board and cpu, keep tweaking and update this thread :)

freakystyley said:
air cooled, lots of fans. I guess the steping is 1DYHA but I am not sure what it means. the number on the chip was Y946102 B50530 1DYHA 0505 VPMW if that helps?
I set ram to all 3's and a 7 , bumped Vcore to 1.8 and 200fsb 11x and seems stable. I had it at 200/12x and it went black during an application
I have access to multi up to 17x
I have a volt meter but do not know where/how to test mainboard points, or why?

I believe you mean IQYAH and that is one of the best steppings to have. They seem to OC the best out of all the others. Mine is an AQYAH which is not as good.

Alchemy1 said:
I believe you mean IQYAH and that is one of the best steppings to have. They seem to OC the best out of all the others. Mine is an AQYAH which is not as good.
No, there are IDYHA steppings, they came after the IQYHAs. In general they OC well, but not as good as the IQYHAs.

freakystyley said:
got the athlon xp mobile 2600+ running at
200mhz fsb on kt880 machspeed viper via chips (v881das)
12x
1.75 vcore
2.8 vdimm ocz gold ddr400 dual ch 2-2-2-6 2t
1.7vddq fx5550
2.5v chipset adjust 2%
430w antec true power 2.0

prime95 ran no errors for 12 hours (max'ed at 46*C), I had a reboot and had to stop the torture test. after reboot, I dl'ed some pic's from a digital camera and got a blue screen memory dump error!! so now it is at the same with 11.5x and okay so far. this is my first real OC project, and was looking for suggestions for stability - speed is fine, but anything so far is better than the 2100+ stocker I had.

That's strange!!! Because when it's been Prime95 stable for 12 hours already, it's rare to then get a BSOD from simple tasks after!!! Makes me think that your temperatures are unstable and thus causes an unexpected crash to occur.

That can occur even if the processor temperature went up just by approximately +5F degrees, if you were at the edge. It sucks, because it means that even when your PC would be stable, (otherwise) Prime95 ends up failing when it was almost done or even worse, a BSOD when not running any processor taxing tasks after passing Prime95, which can occur under cases, such as someone turning off the air conditioner or the sun shining directly on your PC during a certain time of the day!!!

If that was with small FFTs, even when running Prime95 for a long time, if you suddenly got a BSOD even when not running any processor taxing task after, then it's likely that your RAM conked out. Memtest86 and Prime95 with large FFTs should be able to detect a RAM problem.

Last edited:
thanks for all the responses...I have given in and lowered the fsb to 166 and 13x, dropped the volts a bit and set bios optimized. Stable so far at 2.16, really taxing the cpu, huh? I need the stability at this point - will try to do more in time. For now, she is running a cool 41* after all kinds of video editing. thanks again!

Mobile 2600+
axp2600.jpg

AXMG2600FQQ4C
IDYHA0505VPMW
Y946152BS0203

Cooling spec's in sig.

Push the voltage as high as it will handle, but know that if you go over about 1.95 volts you will SERIOUSLY affect the cpu's life. My first mobile 2500+ did 2600mhz quite happily for over half a year at 2.05 volts. Then it just started flaking out and just flat out couldn't do it anymore. I had to back it down to 2500mhz.

So yeah, be aware of that. 1.85 volts and below is fine though. Your chip won't die any time soon from that.

Also, with respect to steppings, something obvious that I've noticed is that mobiles with green chip boards overclock WAY better than those with brown chip boards.

well - an update, had some time to play.
got 'er at 2464MHz on air cooling
11x 224fsb
1.795 Vcore
CAS 2.5
RAS to CAS 3
RAS precharge 3
Cyc time 9

peaked at 44.5*C during a 6hr prime test - but totally stable. Is the norm to bump the FSB until problems, then back it off slightly and fudge with the multiplier?

Back