• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

come on guys!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pirate_Freder

well my last thread asking for help on this seems to have failed, no one has replied plenty have looked at it but not one reply :(. so lets try this again.

basicaly i just need to know what the best peltier system would be best for me. I will be running a 3000+ Venice or a s939 Opteron 144(thats thew one with the 1.8ghz stock clock), a DFI LanParty SLI-D, a 7800GTX(eventualy SLI), a couple WD SATAII Caviars, and some OCZ Platinum Series PC4800/DDR600(not the enhanced latency model). I want to put peltier on the cpu only, I currently have 650w of heat dissapation with my liquid cooling(koolance pc2-650) and will be adding the hx-360 radiator to give me a total of 1010w of dissapation(i can get more if naccesary). so what peltier system would be best for me, also any suggestions on radiators and/or cpu and gpu/ram coolers would be nice

thank you, but please actualy reply, I know there are people on here that know about this stuff :p

1)Meanwell psu availabl at dangerden
2)320w pelt off of ebay
3)Maze-4 or another "pelt block"
4)new pump and radiator (2-302 or bonny) to run a dedicated loop while the koolance cools the vgas - koolance won't be good with a pelt.

5) frozen goodness

if you're going through all that, why not get a phase change setup?
because with a pelt on your cpu you'll need a seperate loop for your vidcards...

ok with the koolance setup you have now there's noway you'll cool the tec enough. You'll need chilled water to pull the heat off the tec so the tec can chill the cpu. Plain water will not be sufficient to cool the hotside of the tec. The hotside of the tec must be chilled in order to get the tec to work properly and chill the cpu.

My suggestion:

A) Forget the tec (peltier) unless you have enough $$ to get chilled water
B) If you have that much money get youself phasechange which will be better than a tec (peltier) for the cost.
C) If you're broke forget this idea and either stick with water or good air cooling.

Answered your question? :)

instead of worrying about better cooling, you could upgrade your cpu and mobo for more perofrmance... at considerably less cost than getting extreme cooling..

Your going to want to get something ~250-300w and get a dedicated TEC power supply, your also going to want to get some Neoprean and some dielectric gel to fill the socket with.

why can't 1010w of heat dissapation handle a tec/7800gtx/NB, thats so much dissapation?!?!if i have to i can get a third radiator

also i have money to spend on this and i considered phase chage but its not practical for me because i move my computer fairly often to go to LAN partys etc.

pwnt by pat said:
1)Meanwell psu availabl at dangerden
2)320w pelt off of ebay
3)Maze-4 or another "pelt block"
4)new pump and radiator (2-302 or bonny) to run a dedicated loop while the koolance cools the vgas - koolance won't be good with a pelt.

5) frozen goodness

a 320W PELT?!?!?!?! thats huge, i thought i only neede a 226(i.e. the swiftech MCW5002-64T)

Pirate_Freder said:
why can't 1010w of heat dissapation handle a tec/7800gtx/NB, thats so much dissapation?!?!if i have to i can get a third radiator

1010 W is under perfect conditions... the 120mm BIX radiator is supposed to handle a lot of heat too.. i think close to a thousand, but a single cpu can max out it's capacity if the cpu runs really hot... you have to consider the heat form the pump itself, and heat form elsewhere in the case (or wherever you have the rad and res etc.) it's hard to get perfect conditions in the real world.

the 650w rad is mounted on top(case integrated system) with 3 80mm and the hx-360 will be mounted on the bottom of the compartment with a fan on the front of the case providing airflow and a 2 fans on the radiator itself blowing and sucking so it will have it own air circulation and no heat will get to it cause the air will be moving through quite fast(about 150 cfm or so, maybe a bit more less depending on what i need)

well in terms of the cpu maxing it out, it would actualy be the peltier, and how much does a peltier put out? isn't the wattage of the peltier how much heat it puts out?

the wattage of the pelt is what it puts out while not cooling anything... you have to add the heat of the cpu to the heat of the pelt to get the wattage.

and before you start getting flamed for (apparently) not reading the sticky on this subject: click me to read about TEC's this should clear up most of your Q's.

Back