• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC resetting, no notice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've only been oc'in for up too a month but i'd say Overheat in my book first place i'd look.

I'd try first testing the ram and then the CPU. Try setting the CPU multiplier down to test the ram. If it's stable then up the multiplier again and set the ram on a devider to test the CPU. :)

Cheers,
KroxX

it most likely is lack of voltage or unstable memory

my 3800x2 needs 1.5 volts to be stable at 2.6

I would guess voltage 1st in your case

when voltage gets to 1.5, watch your temps rise, I dont recommend w/ stocjk hsf

Maybe this is not in your case but the most frequent cause of resets is power supply.

Power supply brand is very important for overclocking because it makes or breaks a major overclock. It is also an important piece of info to list, more important than most of the other stuff you have listed in your sig.

[200] FSB x 12 = 2400 MHz @ 1.85 Vcore with memory frequency at 100% [200 FSB] @ 2.90 Vdimm and 1.8 Vdd
Epox 8RDA3+ v2.1, BIOS 07/29/2004
Thermalright SLK-900A with variable speed 80x25mm Thermaltake Smart Fan 2
AIW 9600XT 128MB; Antec SX-835II case ; 380W Antec TruePower TP380
Four 80x25mm Case Fans + 1 Variable speed 80x25mm Fan YS-Tech FD1281259B-2F

Its a super flower 500 watt with silent 14 cm fan, and i solved the problem, i think it wasnt enuf voltage, but i lowered my overclock a bit, ill wait out for my CNPS9500 to come first before i try anything else

...so you just pushed your system over the line.

Yes, definitely put cooling, power supply and especially voltage info in sig (both Vcore and Vdimm), even if cooling is stock. Good luck with non-retail cooling, I hope it helps you push it even further.

Back