• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem With my eMachine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

l337krew

Hey
Im new to this forum but I've been on gamefaqs for a few years so yeah.

Anyways, I just got an eMachine T6520 couple of weeks ago. Today, I got ClockGen and tried it out. The basic settings on my comp were 2400 mhz, 200 FSB, 200 Memory. I moved it up one notch to 2448, 204 and 204 just to try it out. It worked when I hit set values and I restarted my computer. When I booted back up, I ran CPU-Z (v 1.30) and it said it was still at 2400,200,200. So I go into ClockGen and it says its at 2448,204,204. So i bring it back down to my defaults, hit set values, and it freezes. I hard-powered down my computer and booted up. Still ClockGen showed the higher frequencies. So I tried again and it froze yet again.

Now im pretty sure it didnt change the frequencies (i hope not) for real but is there a file in like the windows folder I can delete so it shows my default frequencies again?

Thanks

PS. Please tell me if it did change the frequencies and how to change it back to defaults as i did not intend for this to happen.

check in the bios... you may not be able to change anything, but atleast you will see what settings your pc is bootin up with.

If you are running XP I would do a system rewstore to before you installed the clockgen. Then I would delete any residual program after you do the restore. Do a windows search of files of ClockGen and delete them. Hopefully, that will help. Good luck.

Edit: Try to boot in safe mode or last working configuration. You reach this screen by pressing F8 after it posts.
Also, :welcome: to the Forum!

Last edited:
k thanks a lot
I did a restore but it still showed up as the higher clock speeds. I know it didnt effect my system because I know now you cant OC eMachines or dell through a program (because of trigem boards). So im just gunna get rid of all cgen files I find and not worry.
Thanks

I did a search for clockgen but it came up with nothing. Then i remember the zip file was called CG something so I searched for CG and this is what I got:

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/34/cg7dy.jpg

I arranged it by time and this OC happened late last night (as you can see, the CG zip at the bottom was accessed at 12:57). Which files are the ones Im looking for?

Thanks

Wow, That's a difficult question to answer. (Good detective work, Sherlock!) What I would suggest is you right click on each entry and look at the properties. Start with the ones that are obviously clock gen. See the date and time that it was created. Any other entries with that exact date and time will also be ClockGen files. Those are the ones too delete. Also, you may want to see if clockgen is in your startup files for windows. If it is delete it and that may keep it from staring and changing your clock speeds. This is getting a little hairy and I hope we don't crteate another problem trying to solve the one you have. Good luck.

K I looked at created dates and got rid of the suspicous ones.. hopefully that helps. i went to the startup in mscongfig but there is nothing there related to clock gen. is there anywhere else I should be looking for startup programs?

thanks

Back