• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax Noisetaker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chickenfeed

Registered
I would like to know if a Enermax Noisetaker 420 watt would be good for a 2800+ sempron oc running @ 2.2-2.4 and a x800xl. I will be upgrading my cpu and mobo but my psu is already useless with my 2.6 p4. Ive heard good things about this psu and heard they run cool. I will be getting a 774 sempron but i was wondering for the mean time if this psu would work on a 478 pin mobo.

www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=file&memx_menu=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=4334&SID=

I currently have a poor generic psu and i belive it is what caused my last x800xl to deteriate over time. (thank god for warrneties)

I have the 485 and it can handle what i have.

I would imagine it can handle it just fine... just moniter your rails 'n such after you get done overclocking it that high.

How do you monitor your rails. SOmeone told me to check mine because i did some light ocing to my cpu/video card.

All not all to familiar with railss. What are the risks if they not right and what do you need to check for.

A PSU that cannot power the system properly can cause lockups, reboots, or even damage hardware.

the ATX specification allows for +/- 5% variation on the +3.3/5/12v rails. Some PSU manufacturer's guarantee less variation than that (Antec TruePower's are 3%) but 5% is accepted.

with a digital multimeter, you can measure the 5v and 12v1 on the molex (Hard drive) connector. Yellow = 12v, red = 5v.

for the 3.3v, you need to find the orange connector on the ATX power connector, an SATA power connector, or an AUX connector (if you have one).

for 12v2, this should be at the 4 pin Pentium 4 square connector. Easily recognized, it is the only connector that has 2 yellow and 2 black wires/pins in a square configuration.

Back