• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making Clear Side Panel's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

what

For those of you who have done this, how would you recommend I do this, and what materials should I use?

My case is a Antec SLK3000B. I love this case, but I would really like to have a clear side panel on it.

Also, can you show me a pic of what yours turned out like?

Thanks,

I recommend using a dremel to cut the side panel out, it works well if you take your time. Draw the outline out on the back of your panel first before you cut then you can just follow it. When u finish the cuts grind, or file down the edges.

Use plexi glass or lexan for your window, be careful if you use lexan cause it seems to scratch easily. You can bolt the plexi to the panel or some stores sell clamps for this, it's really up to u. I found that actually bolting the plexi works better.

hope this helps

It does help, thank you.

If I can't find a rivet gun around here I might just use those bolts.

Hey RangerXLT8, that looks pretty darn good! Thank you.

You have to agree, this whole line of cases (3700BQE/AMB-3000B) are pretty dang sweet, right!? :D

I chose the 3000B cause it was the cheapest. You can't beat cases with two 120mm fan mounts! B-)

Hey, I forgot to ask.... Is that the 12x8 kit that you have there?

Umm I'm pretty sure it's 12x8 or 10x8. I totally agree about the Antec 3xxx series cases. My Socket 478 rig is in a SLK3000-BQE. They are like the perfect case that don't cost a pretty penny. Both of them have "Thermally Advantaged Chassis" so that means they come with the cpu duct ect. Easy cases to cool and very easy to modify.

I agree, just from the pics I've been gathering alone they seem awesome. Nice price too, especially for the 3000B. Had I known about this series I would've never bought this Lian-Li I have. It's a great case (pricey though) but it's a bit flimsy for my tastes. I know I can count on that Antec to be really sturdy. I do like the 2 120mm mounts the Li has and that was my main reasoning for buying it. All the other cases that had 2 120mm mounts looked kind of cheesy. I'm not sure why I wasn't able to locate this series of antec's because I searched for a good while before I ended up deciding on that Li. I'll probably end up selling it to my brother or something. It won't do me any good to dwell on it.

Yeah, I'm thinking about leaving both the duct and those vent holes on the bottom and having my clear panel just off to the side of them. This is going to limit my window size, but I'll get over it cause I really want to keep that duct.

Back