• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP...going...going...gone...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
I can't believe it. I'm happy I did not have to fork over additional money to get a PCI-e mobo... Newegg is down to 3 cards for AGP in the 6800 series cards... Get them while you can...as the manufacturing of them is over....

Joeteck

It's time they were phased out. I feel bad for people who will need to upgrade their video card soon and find they have to upgrade everything else with it.

well I guess I'll be stuck w/ my 9800Pro for longer than I thought....ahh nvm there's always pre-owned stuff.

Noooooo :cry: !!!

I mean, its not like I can just drop another few hundred $$ to get a PCImobo, new CPU AND a new GPU. Damn, I was probably getting a 6800GT with Xmas money. I'll have to rethink my plans. Plus with ATi's stuff next month... who knows??

There's always pricewatch and zipzoomfly. Newegg isn't everything you know. ;)

im good with my 9800Pro for now, until someone has a cheap 6800GT that i can go back to again

woo! pre-owned stuff rules! cheap!..........sorry

Prodromo said:
It's time they were phased out. I feel bad for people who will need to upgrade their video card soon and find they have to upgrade everything else with it.

you must be crying for me

DohDoh said:
There's always pricewatch and zipzoomfly. Newegg isn't everything you know. ;)

Once stock is gone, you can check any place you wish.....

I'm figuring by Oct 1st, no stock at all...

Every gamer knows that the 7800 series is only PCI-e, so AGP is going quick because of it...

Get your upgrade now!!

Prodromo said:
Nah, it just means I'll finally have an excuse to upgrade my entire system ;)

/me is still running a Palomino 1800+ from early 2002 :D
JigPu

I was planning on going pci the end of the year anyway.AGP has been real good,I like my 6800 Ultra it still handles games just fine. The time is now to switch. It's only a burden on people who up grade every 7 fricking years anyway. I understand money is and always be an issue but I'm personally ready to switch. I probably would have done it earlier but I just built this rig and I'm to lazy to rip it apart again!

Until there is a game i cannot run at med settings with my a9550ge i well not move :D also i rather wait till prices drop :)

This is no good, I just got this computer in January and now it seems its already out of date....

so basically you're saying no more agp cards, and the new cards are all pci-e

so everyone moves to pci-e..the market will be flooded with 6800gts and x800 agp's

Well considering I can play the CoD2 demo with everything turned up to the highest at 1280x1024 with little lag at all (20 fps was the lowest I ever hit), I think I'm going to stick with this 6800GT for awhile longer. It's clocked at Ultra speeds, which helps even more. :)

No need for me to upgrade any time soon, I am in the same boat as C_P, I can run any modern game just fine, and I have tons of the older games to play too :D

This is complete BS. AGP is gonna be in the new ATI cards for sell on Oct. 5th.

At worst there is gonna be the Radeon X1300 PRO and most likely a X1600 that'll run w/ a 6800 Ultra. The X1300 Pro should be 6800 level for about $120 bones. Better hurry up w/ your 6800s :rolleyes:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26471

Don't forget most of here that want APG parts are running Nforce3 boards and they are know to stutter w/ Nvidia 6800 cards and there is no fix! GG Nvidia!

Back