• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Countdown And Chant Begins!!!! DOD:S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

DOD:S 1HOUR AND COUNTING!

btw buy it now or you wont get the 10% off!!! you still have a chance!! buy it now and play it in 1 hour and counting!

Edit*

btw you can tell im hella excited about dod :p

I either get 60fps or 30fps, never anything else. Everyone is complaining about lag and low framerates.

Not impressed.

It's a waste of money FYI, I thought it was pretty pathetic in my opinion. All that wait for this Lol? By the way it crashes very sporadically for me........Lame. Also what's the deal with the rifle aiming? Thing is like right in the center and when you zoom in it makes zero sense :shrug:

I think it's pretty good, i prefer that to BF2, more fast-paced no running for 5 minutes to find an ennemy and die, the guns are pretty nice and I think HDR does a great job. I didn't buy the silver package for that game, and i'm pretty happy about getting it. the game doesnt crash at all for me, but the servers are pretty hard to join as everybody is trying the game.

I have to run this at 1024x768 4xAA, 8xAF in order to get this to run at max settings. What a shame. This game doesn't look like much more than cS:S with bloom effects or something, and it is so painful for my rig. Any tips? 1280x1024 2xAA, 4xAF is what i prefer to play at, but that averages at around 60 and drops to 30s and 40s in fights. Unacceptable.

Fr3@k3r said:
this is nowhere near like what you were thinking tweeker, this game is more towards realism in the wwII era... :)

No, it's exactly what I was thinking (HYPED) If I want to play a realistic WWII game, I play WWIIONLINE. Hard to compare the two, but if you are basing it on a realism factor nothing beats that game and DOD:S is anything but realistic. It seems tossed together in a sloppy fashion, sort of 70% complete with a lot of bugs. What irks me is the fact they are charging for an over due mod, seriously now I'm glad I didn't buy it and tried it on my a buddies computer.

DOD:S is alot better than the original, Ive played CS1.6-DOD-CS:S all since they where all released and DOD:S was a very pleasant surprise. If you play BF or COD you will not like this, and their is nothing wrong with recoil or the rifles I just got done going 48-7 in my pub server. I also run the game fine with everything on high with my A64 2800+ and a 5900xt.

Just as poor as cs:source....Thats all i can say. Its very choppy and i got everything on full, AA x18 and full reflections. Ehh...not impressed, not unimpressed. I remain neutral just the same as cs:s

Well, wouldn't a modern game @ 18x AA lag on a 6600gt w/ a 2000+? No offense but, I dont think I could run that smoothly w/ a 7800GTX w/ my 650. Also, this isn't comparing to CS:S, its comparing to the original DoD.

I couldnt even load the stupid thing, every time I try to purchase it just opens up a window with nothing in it... *hates steam with a passion*

Back