• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Turning back on by itself.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zinx

Registered
My computer just recently started turning itself back on after a shutdown. It usually waits anywhere from 3-10 seconds and then powers back up. Very strange, I've never had a computer do this before.

I'm assuming that it is the motherboard causing the problem, but the only other thing would be the powersupply. The motherboard is not modded but in the powersupply, i've tapped into the 120V lines and used a 12v relay to turn on my water pump.

I thought about the "Wake-on" settings, but haven't checked them out. The problem just kind of started happening one day and I haven't made any BIOS changes in a while.

I don't think that the O/S could have anything to do with this. The computer is usually off 3-10 seconds before it kicks back on, there is no way Windows could control this.

I'll look through all the "power on" settings when I get home and let you guys know.

Back