• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thinking about replacing my fans...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1cem4n

should i replace the fans in my P180? change the position of them? there are two out takes in the back and one intake on the front(if you dont' count the psu fan on the bottom). I'm thinking about changing the one intake on the front(some thermaltake fan lying around) to something with a little more cfm and a little more pressure as i'm not feeling any airflow over my hard drives. any recommendations?

-1cem4n

noise doesn't bother me. I have a 92x38mm tri-blade delta modded onto a zalman 7000-cu so yeah.

-1cem4n

1cem4n said:
noise doesn't bother me. I have a 92x38mm tri-blade delta modded onto a zalman 7000-cu so yeah.

-1cem4n

So copying me, eh?

Delta's by far. If they are 80mms, i'd probably go with 80x25mm tri-blades, those are what I want

That white touch to the silverstone fan it pretty cool for those that want a change. IDK about the price though.

1cem4n said:
should i replace the fans in my P180? change the position of them? there are two out takes in the back and one intake on the front(if you dont' count the psu fan on the bottom). I'm thinking about changing the one intake on the front(some thermaltake fan lying around) to something with a little more cfm and a little more pressure as i'm not feeling any airflow over my hard drives. any recommendations?

-1cem4n

Vantec Tornados are awesome.

Awesome airflow (they'll blow themselves across a table!)
Awesome current usage (They'll burn up MOBO fan circuts!)
Awesome noise (They'll blow out your ears!)

Sheck out fan manufacturer's sites like ebmpapst.us/

Pay attention to pressure rattings. In general 38mm thick fans will move more air that 20mm fans in actual use because they have more pressure. Check put the pressure ratting on the blower in my sig..it's on a BIX3 and makes less moise than the case fan on the Dell in typing this on and better than 1 In. water at 300 CFM.

Electron Chaser said:
Excellent my kind of reply what size fan can you fit in there.
I can see the grin comming across EC's face...watch out, he'll reccomend one of those insane deltas...Tornados are nice too, but you can literally hear them across the house (and I have a big house!).

But deltas can get even louder than that. 220CFM, anyone? for a giant 79CFM, that is... :rolleyes:

billb said:
Vantec Tornados are awesome.

Awesome airflow (they'll blow themselves across a table!)
Awesome current usage (They'll burn up MOBO fan circuts!)
Awesome noise (They'll blow out your ears!)

Sheck out fan manufacturer's sites like ebmpapst.us/

Pay attention to pressure rattings. In general 38mm thick fans will move more air that 20mm fans in actual use because they have more pressure. Check put the pressure ratting on the blower in my sig..it's on a BIX3 and makes less moise than the case fan on the Dell in typing this on and better than 1 In. water at 300 CFM.

try delta! lol. and yes solid, i'm copying you. in fact, i'm trying to sell some "pre-modded" zalmans to people. very good business(some kid on my swim team wants me to put a panaflo on his zalman 7700alcu). i can never find the 220cfm deltas in stock but i think they just got 120mm tri-blade ultra highs at sidewindercomputers.com

-1cem4n

EDIT:
I wouldn't replace them unless you have a heat problem. The Antec P-180 comes with REALLY nice Antec TriCool fans that move 79 CFM under 30 dBA. And if you do have a heat issue and don't care about noise, I suggest these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16811999007
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16811999344

The Silverstone's push 110 CFM under at under 40 dBA.

the ghe extreme from delta pushes 220CFM JUST under 70dba. lol what's a good 120x25mm fan with a lot of pressure? i can only find the low speed delta tri-blade which only pushes 2.54 i think.

hhahaha. crazy!

Yea, deltas are better than tornados. Get the tri-blades if you want to change your case fans.

icem4n:
Do you mind sending me a guide or some steps on how you modded it? My friend wants to mod his with a pana and im unsure how.

Tyreal said:
hhahaha. crazy!

Yea, deltas are better than tornados. Get the tri-blades if you want to change your case fans.

icem4n:
Do you mind sending me a guide or some steps on how you modded it? My friend wants to mod his with a pana and im unsure how.

Look in my pro, its been there for a while ;)

2 holes, and you're done.

yeah, i just read solid's guide. it's pretty good but it would be better if you included some pics of you putting in screws. some people got confused.

-1cem4n

Back