• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which RAM Do You Recommend ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darren

Hi there im looking to put an extra 1GB of ram in my pc.

pc specs:
CPU: P4 2.80GHZ Northwood @ 3.3Ghz 1.6V
Mobo: P4P800SE
Memory: Kingston PC3200 512 x2 (1GB)

Do you suggest I get x2 512K OR 1x 1GB ?

Can someone please also suggest which memory to get? (£80+)
I mostly play BF2, so I was recommended to get 2GB of ram.

Thanks for any help
darren

Does your motherboard support dual channel? If so I would recommend getting 2x512 with timings and voltage requirements as close as possible to your Kingston. Either that or sell your 2x512 and get 2x1024.

Dual channel or not you should not mix brands and chips of ram. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't, but it's always chancy.

Ok thanks, so I should stick with Kingston?
is 4x512 ok to use?

thanks

Ps: yeh my motherboard supports dual

Yes, that's the safest bet. One word of caution is Kingston is notorious for switching chips, but even with that your safest bet is to stay with the same company and product. Good luck with it.

1cem4n said:
i'd rather get 2x 1gb sticks. more room for more memory later.

-1cem4n

lol, i'd rather do that too!!! :D
but the problem is im looking to add to my current memory, i havent got enough money to pay out for x2 1GB sticks... i can only pay around £80-100.

Does anyone know any special offers for kingston 512K or any particular model I should buy? ... im in the uk also, so prices would probably vary overseas.

appreciate any help
darren

Back