• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Ninja Personal Opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nkcd

First Look: My Ninja arrives today. Upon first impression, I'm kinda disappointed. It looks cheaply and flimsy made. It's HUGE, yes, VERY VERY huge. Sitting next to my TR SLK947U, the TR is very puny. However, it can't help over the fact that the discs are very thin an flimsy. The top one have one corner bent. I have to bend it back. I expect them to be a lot heavier and have a more solid structure. Will look forward how it performs when installs in my P180.

Performace: TBD.

Sorry guys, I don't have any pics because I loan my digicam to my folks on their vacation oversea. I won't get it back till the end of this month **HOPEFULLY**

Are yours the same too?

i know what you mean, nkcd, but i do feel once you install it and dont look at it, you will be quite please with the performance...i am running it without a 120mm fan on it, just using the exhaust fan and PSU fan to suck the air out through it... i will try to post pictures by tomorrow

In agreement with TWsuperG 100%. Granted, my cpu runs a few degrees hotter now than with the xp-90 (with high-perf delta) in my old modded chieftec case, I now have silence and performance. I think you will like the "ninja" also.

wow i love the ninja .. with a low flow fan on it .. it absolutely kills my xp120 with a loud 120

here is some pictures on how mine is used without a 120mm fan mounted...

Attachments

• scythe ninja front.JPG
    scythe ninja front.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 146
  • scythe ninja top.JPG
    scythe ninja top.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 132
Are you able to close the door to the case? Those pics makes it seem like the door would just barely close.

yes, I can close it, its about 3mm away from touching the inner case cover. I was not expecting the size to be this massive, but am glad it fits. i will try to take some pictures of it closing and barely touching (good thing my top panel is removeable.

I think the term is delicate not flimsy LOL.
The Ninja was in the group of HS's that outperformed a lot of well known brands. Good Buy!

Notice it has 12 pipes compared to 5 line the TRs and a lot more fin surface area.

Last edited:
Shadowknight281 said:
Mmm... I think the "12" heatpipes are actually 6 U-shaped ones. But I guess they perform the same ???
Yes I think they are U shaped but you can see that 12 do leave the thermal interface. It's a slick system.

Back