• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crashes When Gaming. Heat problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyKlem

ive been having troulbe playing counterstrike: source and DoD: Source. after about 30 min, randomly my computer BSODs. i am currently running:

Abit NF7-S 2.0
XP2800+
EVGA ti4400 128mb
1GB Corsair 400mhz

heres the contents of the BSOD dump:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xc71960ea, 0xf1b3baa8, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini093005-01.dmp.

Heres contents of a second dump:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini092805-04.dmp.

Help!!! this is getting on my nerves lol. i dunno what else to try. ive tried new vid drivers and new mobo drivers... what could it be?

caps? have been running with side cover off and a fan blowing into it.

recently?

has this only started to happen to you recently if so then go to the steam forum as this may be something to do with the latest update which added in hdr option but screwed uo loads of peoples games i myself have been lucky enough not to be affected but you may have

no. not that recently its been happening for quite some time now.

well it sometimes does it with warcraft 3 and counter strike source. although counter strike is practically the same as dod cuz its the same engine.

Likely an unstable processor OC. If you're OC'ing your processor, increase the Vcore. If the problem still occurs, I dunno what to tell you, except that you have an OC wall or the processor degraded.

Even if you're not OC'ing, the Vcore may be set improperly. You should download CPU-Z and see what CPU-Z is reporting for the Vcore. You may have a voltage droop problem, because of an insufficient power supply or bad caps.

Back