• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brother's PC fixed, although CPU temp at 65 degrees

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi

Lol, i got it fixed, windows installed and now i have this problem. I was bored when i just finished installing all his drivers (ATi Control Center being the last)
and decided to take a look at speedfan

It showed 75 degrees, and then 71, and then 72

My first thought was that Speedfan was reading it wrong, i rebooted the system, and the CMOS said the same thing, i immediately shut it down and lapped the HSF (Thermal Take Pipe 101) I even bent the clips so they would clamp onto the CPU tighter. That lowered it to 65 degrees. It is still rather high. When i had the system it was around 52 idle, i reset the volt mods and all, its running all on stock, any help? and yes, AS5

I was thinking it was an E6. Alot of times it is the BIOS that is reading it wrong. Most BIOS had to change for the E6 support to adjust temps. I am almost certain that it is your BIOS. You should see if there is newer BIOS for that mobo.

I assume when you take off the HSF you can clearly see the whole area of the cpu die imprinted on it with AS5? It is very easy to accidently mount incorrectly.

Back