• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU/Mobo Compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

Problem here is that the chipset vendor (nvidia) left it up to the motherboard manufacturer to give dual core support. They never came out and officially stated that dual core is supported on the nforce4 for intel. So I would check the Asus website to see if they claim support or not.

Definitely, the 820D is not 100% compatible (only 1 core gets turned on, I believe this is a chipset related issue), and other testing with a P4N Diamond from MSI has shown that during overclocking, the second core got turned off and only by backing off on the overclock did it return. I don't know if that is indicative of this chipset or not but worth mentioning.

That said, Intel should be releasing the 975 chipset which will have support for SLI and obviously, dual core.

Nforce IE chipset isn't good as Amd edition , so it will be better choice to wait for next intel chipset or you can take Amd dual core with SLI .

Back