• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800pro refurbs, newegg vs ati

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deus

Registered
Hey guys, I'm building a new system and have pretty much settled on an x800pro refurb as being the best bang for my buck. I've read about people having pretty good results with the ati.com refurbs, but I haven't really read anything about the sapphires from newegg and wondered if they are just as good. My issue is that since I live in Texas, ati will charge me sales tax and newegg won't so don't wanna shell out the extra 20 bucks for no reason as I'm already stretching my budget pretty far.

My friend got a newegg refurbed sapphire x800pro and it runs awesome. He is scoring over 12k in 3dmark03. And if you end up getting a bad one then just send it back and get another. :)

newegg refurbs are hit and miss.... I've ventured on a few and half of them I had to return because they were defective... I wonder if they even check them before they ship them out? Probably not. I'd go with the ATI refurbs..... they come with a 1 or 3 year warranty.

Sentential said:
Id say almost no chance at all.

really? The odds are actually quite good. I got one via the refurb ATI deal , mine unlocked fine to 16 and is running 520/540 rock solid on x8pro16.bin bios

Sentential said:
Id say almost no chance at all.

Phil, I think that you mean X800pro AGP NON VIVO and the PCI-E Version as they're laser cut

But for the X800 AGP PRO VIVO, which is what he asked, chances are pretty good.

Too bad my AGP version is Laser cut :(

Back