• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will i see a difference. Raptor question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyreal

I was just pondering here at my desk while looking at my local pc stores website when i see the raptor for 130 dollars. (canadian of course).

I was thinking of a possible setup that seems good. My propossed setup would be to buy one 30 gb raptor and use that to hold my OS and use my 120 gb hard drive right now to hold my music/programs/etc.

Will i see a big difference in OS load up times? Any other comments would be great. :)

yep there good i brought the 74gig raptor where i live in the uk and you notice the difference! well chuffed!

Tyreal said:
I was just pondering here at my desk while looking at my local pc stores website when i see the raptor for 130 dollars. (canadian of course).

I was thinking of a possible setup that seems good. My propossed setup would be to buy one 30 gb raptor and use that to hold my OS and use my 120 gb hard drive right now to hold my music/programs/etc.

Will i see a big difference in OS load up times? Any other comments would be great. :)

It will be faster - but it depends how much of a rush you are in. I tend to hit the power switch, walk to the fridge, pour myself a tall glass of milk, and walk back to the computer to find it at the desktop. This works equally as well on my 10k Raptor desktop as my 7.2k Seagate file server.

But I do find the Raptors faster when using my computer.

I upgraded my computer with a raptor and noticed an overal increase.

formatted faster
windows installed much faster
boots faster
games load faster (maps and stuff on them at least)
ripping is faster.

just an overall speed increase.

Back