• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickyhoward55

i have a logitech wireless desktop and was getting some problems with random disconnects of the keyboard so i decided to uninstall the software. upon restarting my pc i cannot use my mouse and keyboard, i even tried a wired set and they dont respond. luckly i have another h/d with a fresh install of xp on it that they do work on, but i need to access the old drive as it has lots of files on it i need. i tried connecting the 2 drives up but whatever way round i connect them it always boots off the old drive(there SATA drives....no jumpers) and i cant access it. can anyone tell me how to get onto this drive, or stop it booting upon startup.

Somewhere in your bios there must be someplace where you can change the drive you want to boot from. I have no diea how exactly to tell you that since your mobo is different than mine but look around in your bios, especially the screen where you can change the boot sequence of your devices.

I had a similar issue when I was updating bioses because you have to reset the cmos and thus resets everything in the bios. The mobo was booting from my data drive which didn't even have windows but I found it on my bios the place where the mobo will choose to boot windows from.

Cid said:
Somewhere in your bios there must be someplace where you can change the drive you want to boot from. I have no diea how exactly to tell you that since your mobo is different than mine but look around in your bios, especially the screen where you can change the boot sequence of your devices.
Yeah. Under "Boot Order" in the BIOS, you oughtta have something that allows you to specify which boot device you want to use.

If the only options you have are "Hard Drive" or "SATA" or something to that affect, all you can do is make sure the good drive is attached to the first SATA port. And that might not even help you.

it doesnt matter which drive i have in sata port 1 it always boots up from the old drive. ill give the bios thing a run over now. thanks. ill post if it doesnt work.

Last edited:
right. in the bos i have

boot order 1 HDD O
boot order 2 FLOPPY
boot order 3 HDD 1

i changed sata cables and every single boot order around with no joy. my keyboard obviously works because i can press the delete key to access bios. it seems that everytime i have the hdd connected it always boots from there and the keyboard/mouse drivers have been removed from it therefore i cant access it. about right? im guessing im just gonna have to lose that drive.

You have tried pressing the little red "connect" button that I think is usually found on the bottom of logitech's wireless keyboards, right?

either way that shouldn't stop a wired set from working, but just an idea.

first thing i tried. its like it disables the mouse/keyboard upon startup. i thought about doing a repair from my windows disc, but would this cause me to lose all the data on the disc?

Back