• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 3 fan Rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

Which 3 fan Rad should I get? Black Ice Extreme 3, Themochill 120.3, or Airplex Evo 360

As of right now im leaning toward the BIX3 or 120.3 just because I havnt heard much about the Airplex. how differnet are there perforamance, as does the BIX3 have a nice scale diagram like the 120.3 does for easy dremeling?

Also does the BIX3 have its own grill like the thermochill and airplex do?

Basically it boils down to this if your fans move over 80CFM each then you want the BIXIII and if they don't then you want the BIPIII. Personally the Thermochill is just expensive and the Airplex Evo 360 looks very restrictive.

SewerBeing said:
Basically it boils down to this if your fans move over 80CFM each then you want the BIXIII and if they don't then you want the BIPIII. Personally the Thermochill is just expensive and the Airplex Evo 360 looks very restrictive.

I second that. In many less words :cool:

3 Delta 120s, so its settled, ill get the BIX3, does it have a cool grill and fan shroud like the thermochill does?

what kind of shroud shold I use for the BIX3?, I dont really have any means to fabricate one myself. I can deal with just normal fan grills, but where can I get a shroud?

Since we are speaking of radiators from the DD site it seems as if Single-Pass work better than the Double-Pass rads at a lower price ??? Dont know much about this -Pass- area other than it takes longer to get out of a double-pass but i thought that would be better as the water spent more time in it... Am i wrong ?

I know nothing of single/double pass radiators please enlighten me someone

I was planning on getting a BIX 3 if someone can point me in the direction of a shroud, (I dont know if the BIX 3 is single or double pass) and if I cant get a nice shroud for a BIX 3 then ill pick p a 120.3 and shroud

The BIP & BIX series rads are double-pass. Water goes in the intake, across the length of the rad, then moves to across the width of the rad, and back across the length. Single pass rads go in the intake, across the rad, and out. Single pass will have intake and outtakes on opposite ends. Also, using a shround on the black ice's isn't really necessary unless u are dead set on silence, it wont offer much, if any temp benefits.

im running the Airplex Evo 360 and its a nice rad it very large its about 2in thick their are some pics in the link in my sig

Back