• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi, change from AGP to PCI-E & need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

afs

Registered
Hi,
I have an Asus 9600 XT/TD (500 mhz gpu and 600 mhz mem)
on an asus p4p800-x.with a p4 2.8 i could play games like Doom3 in ultra quality mode very good.

now i'm going to change my rig to one with pci-e , suppose keeping the other stuff , what pci-e would give the same or a little bit higher FPS in games?
(it should be about the same price i paid for 9600 : 160$ )
I think X600 XT would do enough good, but some guys told me to go for N6600 , what would you say ?

If you want to go PCI-E you have to change your mobo as well as the card, diferent slot, and you might need a new PSU also ;)

Personally I'd wait until the new series release from ATI and see what looks good then in your price range.

afs said:
Hi,
I have an Asus 9600 XT/TD (500 mhz gpu and 600 mhz mem)
on an asus p4p800-x.with a p4 2.8 i could play games like Doom3 in ultra quality mode very good.

now i'm going to change my rig to one with pci-e , suppose keeping the other stuff , what pci-e would give the same or a little bit higher FPS in games?
(it should be about the same price i paid for 9600 : 160$ )
I think X600 XT would do enough good, but some guys told me to go for N6600 , what would you say ?

For $160 you could buy an X800GT, they are kicking 6600gt's....but it's all left to you..

Dan

Back