• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silverfoot

Just a quicky,

Does anyone have praise/warning about eVGA mfg cards?

I am pondering getting the 7800gt instead of the 6800gt. I would have to get the cheapest one though, my wife is already beating me for spending what I have building this new system.

Thanks

for a few extra dollars get the 7800gt.

I for one will never buy another nvidia card thats not a eVGA

I had a BFG 6800gt and a eVGA 6800gt, the eVGA overclocked to 450/1200 without any mods aside from a zalman, the BFG did 410/1100 :rolleyes:

recently I purchases a XFX 7800gtx overclocked out of the box at 490/1300, it ran hot as hell and wouldnt OC another drop. :rolleyes:

I got my hands on a eVGA 7800gtx 450/1200 out of the box and I havnt found its highest OC yet (no time) it took everything I could throw at it at 510/1400, passed all tests at 536/1435 ish if I remember correctly...

in other words eVGA ALL THE WAY !! :attn:

I had to RMA a card from them twice. The one I have now from that I got back from them wouldn't provide VGA output when I first got it. I reinstalled the bios and drivers and the VGA works now. Personally I found them to be anxious to help me but I had to go without a gaming rig for weeks leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth for them. I was probably just unlucky though. Everyone else seems to like them.

I own a eVGA 7800GT and it is working out great. I'm running BF2 with all settings on high and 4x anti-aliasing and have experienced no choppiness.
I bought it for $400 but it came with a $40 MIR and I sold the free motherboard that came with it for $90 so all-in-all I'll end up getting it for $270 which isn't too shabby.

Right on thanks Guys, although, it is more than just 'a few bucks', it sounds like if i can swing it the eVGA 7800 is the way to go.

evga is a really good brand. i don't have either of the cards you mention, but my 6600gt is still working awesome after 7 months in my pc.

I had to RMA my 6800le to them twice. First the Svideo was broken, then the card they sent back would artifact in windows. Now everything is fine. OCs fine and unlocked to 12pipes. Not too bad. Easy RMA process. Just don't be expecting to to be fast lol.

I agree with most of the posters here that eVGA is a really good brand. I have a few friends that wont buy anything BUT eVGA.

Rattle said:
for a few extra dollars get the 7800gt.

I for one will never buy another nvidia card thats not a eVGA

I had a BFG 6800gt and a eVGA 6800gt, the eVGA overclocked to 450/1200 without any mods aside from a zalman, the BFG did 410/1100 :rolleyes:

recently I purchases a XFX 7800gtx overclocked out of the box at 490/1300, it ran hot as hell and wouldnt OC another drop. :rolleyes:

I got my hands on a eVGA 7800gtx 450/1200 out of the box and I havnt found its highest OC yet (no time) it took everything I could throw at it at 510/1400, passed all tests at 536/1435 ish if I remember correctly...

in other words eVGA ALL THE WAY !! :attn:

eVGA is definitly a good manufacterer...I convinced Rattle here to get an eVGA and he **** himself when it auto detected 450/1200...the card is mine now :D

ziggo0 said:
eVGA is definitly a good manufacterer...I convinced Rattle here to get an eVGA and he **** himself when it auto detected 450/1200...the card is mine now :D

yes it has a good home :cool:

Back