General GPU
Forum Jump

Picking a video card

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 10-03-05, 02:43 PM Thread Starter   #1
chaos

10 Year Badge

Picking a video card

What are the most important aspects of picking a video card: Here's why I'm asking. I was going to get a 6600gt 139.00 pci-e just to get by till I can afford a 7800. Ran across a x800gto for 175.00. starting doing some research and came across this the gto doesn't support ps 3.0..Then came across the gto2.. 128 bit vs 256-bit memory interface 8 or 12 pipelines. I don't do as much gaming as I did and I probably won't get a 7800 series anytime soon. Not many games use ps 3.0 yet so it comes down to memory interface and pipelines. Would like to stay below or at 200.00.. I have a 6600gt agp right now, but I'm in the process of building a new system...

Alter-Ego Intel i5-2550k@4.0Ghz, Fractal design Arc midi case, ASRock P67 Extreme4 mobo, 4Gb Cosiar Vegeance memory, Kama Cross cooler with Xigmatek 120mm white LED fan, HD6870 video card, blurayburner and player, NZXT 850W power supply,AverTV HD DVR card, 300gb raptor white label harddrive, Samsung 1Tb harddrive, Windows7 Ultimate

Chaos X6--Amd FX-6100 3.3ghz 6 core cpu OC'ed to 4Ghz, Asus M5A88-M micro atx mobo, Apevia micro Atx case, 550w power supply, 4Gb ram, Seagate 1.5Tb harddrive, Lg Blu ray Burner, Windows7 Ultimate
chaos is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-03-05, 04:57 PM   #2
Avg

You might be able to unlock the remaining pipes on the gto2, I would go with that instead of the 6600gt.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > General GPU
General GPU