• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ACK!! Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seuss

Registered
Ok here's my problem, Trying to OC my 1.33ghz Athlon but not having much success. I have the FSB at 142 and the multiplier at 10x, it runs fine... problem is my stupid Kyro2 won't let me change the multiplier beyond 10x without giving my a nice black screen. I know my L1 bridges are unlocked as I used to be able to change the multiplier with my old TNT2 Ultra. Anyone have any idea why my Kyro 2 is doing this?? System specs:

Asus A7V133 bios 1005 (might be 1006 have to check)
2 Sticks of 256MB PC133 CAS 2
Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 no TV out 64MB
Win 2K SP2
VIA 4 in 1 4.33
DX 8.0a
Not sure which AGP driver I'm using but it's fairly new...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cmon guys I need some ideas at least...
Just fooling around with the multiplier and FSB speeds I could get the thing running at any multiplier speed and 100FSB. Fooling around a little more I was able to get it running at 11x 133FSB but once I rebooted I got the same black screen, system still runs just no video so I set it back to 10x 140FSB, worked fine... tried fooling around with the multipliers again but now no matter what Multiplier FSB combo I use, other than a 10x multiplier, I just get this black screen, even if I underclock at 5.5X 100FSB.... I can't figure it out and I'm desperately seeking any help I can get :p
Anyone have any ideas??

Hmm... Never really tried as I didn't have proper cooling until after I bought my Kyro 2... I do remember getting it to 1470 but I can't remember what combo I used it was either 11.5x133 or 10.5x136... either way it ran stable at 1470 but I took it back down to 1333 because I was afraid of heat at the time.

Get the newest BIOS ASAP. I experienced similar problems with my older A7V. I was on the 1004 BIOS, updated it to 1008, and after that, it was good to go, and remained stable to the day I sold it.

Also, you may want to post in the Video card section. When you go above 133 FSB, it is actually running your AGP port out of spec, and I haven't heard how Kyros react to this.

Well tried updating the bios, now running at 1007 but no change. Still lose video when trying to use the multiplier even when underclocking.... I don't get it... I'll try posting this in the video card section and see if anyone else has any ideas, still looking for any new thoughts on the subject here though

Back