• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think my CPU died !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigeasy2218

Registered
I am currently having a problem with my PC. everytime I try to boot up my PC it posts the bios page then goes thru the system check when it gets to the windows loading page it reboots and sometimes it wont even get that far. I have also gotten a overcloving error that bad thing is I havent overclocked my PC so my best guess is that CPU is done for.

my system is below :

If it gets past post and starts windows then the cpu is not dead. Make sure your windows installation is not corrupt (have you tried booting from cd?) also it could be your hard drive at fault.
Also if it gets far enough try booting in safe mode into windows to diagnose problem.

ok thanks for your replys I have booted into safe mood and it would just do it again , and also it has asked me to reset my setting to defualt by hitting enter and I have done that. by clearing the CMOS you mean by removing the battery from the MB and replacing it and then booting up correct.

no you can clear the cmos by the jumpers on your mobob. if the cpu is dead it wont even start up. the fans will probabaly just spin for a split second.

well I do have to say that you guy rock .. I am back up and running no reboots no errors nothing I want to say thanks for the help!!!!

Back