• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Directories

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

Went to fix a friends computer, she complained that it was slowing down, which it was noticeably, she also complained that the hs were overlapping in AIM.

So I did my usually, updated things (mainly AIM, Firefox, and Windows) and then went to my normal cleaning and tweaking mode, removing excess files from IE, Aim, and Firefox, and I noticed 3 directories named

whndous
wnndows
whndows

and each contained system32 folder and a drivers folder

Scanned for spyware with three different clients (adaware, webrrot spysweeper, and MS AntiSpyware beta, all up to date) and ran Hijackthis as well as a virusscan and got nothing

She is still experiencing some slowness but not as much, but its those folders that worry me any ideas?

uhm...yeah, that would raise some suspicion....

look for them in the registry, maybe there is some clues as to what programs may have attempted to load in those dir's

Back