• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmatties

I have an Celeron 1.1ghz. Is there a way i can get more out of it? I can set the to 124 and it works just fin but i what more. I have FIC FR33E, 768MB of ram, 160 GB of hard drive space, and on board viedo.

Im assuming you have a tualatin based celeron. I have a 1000 that will do 1450(10x145) and a 1300 that is currently running 1625(13x125). What fsb options do you have in the bios? One thing that helps my tualatin is lower memory latency. Ill bet your stock memory timings are 3-3-3. You could try running them at 2-2-2 stably. My 1300 will run higher than 1625, but that is the max i can run my ram at cas2, so even at a faster speed, the overall performance is decreased if i increase the memory timings.

I only have 100 103 112 124. Thats all I have. I looked and does not look like i can change my memory settings.

It sounds like you are at the end of the road on that board. You could try a program like cpufsb or softfsb to try to change it within windows. Your PLL has to support it though. Im now running mine at 13x135fsb for 1.75ghz. My cpu posts at over 1800, but my memory is holding me back. I found that setting my ram at 2-2-3 allows me to clock higher than 125fsb without reducing memory bandwith like 3-3-3 timings would.

Edit: do you have the latest bios? That board supports 133fsb cpu's, so you should have an option in the bios for it. You may have to update to the latest version to get it though. Also look for pci and agp divisors. at 100fsb pci will be 1/3 and agp will be 2/3. Above 124 you will need to set 1/4 pci divisor otherwise your pci bus will have issues.

Last edited:
Back