• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

830 hit the wall @ 4.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
attempt #3

im fully stable @ 4.1ghz 1.425v on 14x multi
when i try 4.2ghz.. on 1.425 pcmark04 runs but doesnt give me a number.. if i bump it up to 1.45+ and my computer plain restarts!
i lowered the multi to 15x and tried 4.2 but 3dmark exits due to error meaning its not getting enough juice.. so i tried 1.45 and same thing ~ computer restarts!

btw.. under load my chip droops to 1.34-7

so is my board keeping me back, my chip, or my psu!?
do i need a droopi mod

btw, i unplugged a few things and this still happened so im guessin its the board.. fishy's thinkin the chip is flat out maxed.. but i find it wierd that i cant pump a litttle more voltage through it

My advice to you: Your temps may be low, but what about your northbridge, southbridge, and mosfet temps? These things get extremely hot. Sink em :D. Might stablize your voltages a bit .. btw 4.1ghz is good for an 830, be fortunate ;).

d94 said:
attempt #3

im fully stable @ 4.1ghz 1.425v on 14x multi
when i try 4.2ghz.. on 1.425 pcmark04 runs but doesnt give me a number.. if i bump it up to 1.45+ and my computer plain restarts!
i lowered the multi to 15x and tried 4.2 but 3dmark exits due to error meaning its not getting enough juice.. so i tried 1.45 and same thing ~ computer restarts!

btw.. under load my chip droops to 1.34-7

so is my board keeping me back, my chip, or my psu!?
do i need a droopi mod

btw, i unplugged a few things and this still happened so im guessin its the board.. fishy's thinkin the chip is flat out maxed.. but i find it wierd that i cant pump a litttle more voltage through it

It's possible that you require a 550 watt power supply or higher to OC more.

Also, if 3D Mark is just terminating on you, it's likely because of the PCI-E bus not being locked.

RJARRRPCGP said:
It's possible that you require a 550 watt power supply or higher to OC more.

Also, if 3D Mark is just terminating on you, it's likely because of the PCI-E bus not being locked.
well.. i unplugged a few things and i should try unplugging everything but and throwing my 6600gt in (sucks less poweR)! then see what happens.. btw i did throw a house fan in front of my tower.. things were running cool..but same problem! and it was pcmark..no graphics involed in the first few tests :)

Back