• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Partitioned a drive, reinstalled Windows, can't find other partition.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

I have a 300GB drive that I partitioned in to 2 150GB partitions, a few months later I had to format my Raptor and when I added my 300GB it only sees 150GB, I need the data AND space on the other 150GB, what can I do?

Maybe your other partition needs to be activated, check disk managment.

meionm said:
Maybe your other partition needs to be activated, check disk managment.

was this 300gb hdd your primary drive at one time with the os installed?

try hooking it up as a slave and see if it reads it? if you hook it up as a slave and see if it reads it properly, i think you have to make sure you have sp2 on your primary drive with the os installed.

please update this thread for us newbs and future ocforum.com members :)

Never a primary drive, never an OS installed, it's always been a slave/secondary drive, I have 2000 with SP4 fully updated. No extra partition in Computer Management

GetDataBack and Partition Magic both don't see the other partition.

:(

Ok I formatted the partition in Windows, nothing.

When I go to install Win2k, it doesn't see a second partition there either!

If ANYONE has ANY way of getting my other half back, I would greatly appreciate it.

this has to have a solution, i know next to nothing about non windows os's but have you tried running knoppix for troubleshooting, i've read posts in the past about its usefullnes for troubleshooting and www.ultimatebootcd.com dos disk for this very same solution? i know nothing about knoppix yet.

someone help tom :)

Are you sure you partitioned it into two sections? Does each partition have a drive letter? If you just split the drive in half and created the one partition it would explain the missing half. Im not sure about 2000, but if you can get your hands on an xp install disk, you can see unpartitioned space on the drive. Just a guess.

Back