• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A8N-E Mobo Cooling........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CarbolicSmokeBa

Registered
Hi all, just fitted my new CPU fan and 8cm exhaust case fans, both are Silent spec, can t believe how much quiter the thing is. While fitting, I decide todisconnect both the CPU and exhaust fan to see how much noise teh mobo chipset fan was giving off. I can catagoricaly state its "well" loud, giving off most noise by far! Mind you it is running at 6250rpms.

So next on my to-do list is a chipset fan, my only problem being, where and what sort should I get? I've never heard of chaging chipset fans as they seem integerated, although on closer inspection at the mobo it does seem possible to maybe get it off.

Doe anyone have any experisence in these matters, if so I'd apprecaite any advice.

Cheers :)

Check out the thermalright chipset heatsink and then put a better and quiet 40mm fan on it. or you can just get a passive Zalman.

-1cem4n

Have fun. I love mine.
I like how the placement of the chipset is not relatively near and block the gfx card (compared to other mobos).

well then it's working. just get some airflow over it. my cnps7000-cu with the tri-blade delta blows a lot of air over it so i don't think i need to replace it.

-1cem4n

Back