• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ninja owners NEED HELP ASAP PLS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

ok .. i need to swap out my motherboards cuz i think the mem controller on the nb is bad .. according to crucuial ..

but i cannot get the ninja metal backplate off .. it is like stuck on .. any ideas ?? thanks

madhatR said:
ok .. i need to swap out my motherboards cuz i think the mem controller on the nb is bad .. according to crucuial ..

but i cannot get the ninja metal backplate off .. it is like stuck on .. any ideas ?? thanks

Take off the seat and gastank first make sure the battery is disconnected also...... :)

theELVISCERATOR said:
Take off the seat and gastank first make sure the battery is disconnected also...... :)

wait what ? u lost me :bang head

i tried 2 different cpus .. its not the cpu .. both sticks of mem work fine by themselves ..

how do i get the backplate off

There is no memory controller on the motherboard. Likely the ram thats dead, and crucial is trying to get out of replacing it.

they will gladly replace it ...

each stick works fine individually .. that means they are good :shrug:

no matter what they will not boot together .. they worked fine before on my winnie at 10x255 .. then i switched my HTT to 4x .. since then no matter what i cant boot with 2 sticks .. they work fine indivdually .. wont get past post with 2 no matter what i do ..

i thought it was my cpu that died but i also have a new x2 3800 + .. same thing ..

i have another dfi board here that im gonna try but i cant get the ninja backplate off this one

sounds a lot like the DFI "cold boot" problem...

you say BOTH stick will boot and run by themselves?...do you have another PC you can test the sticks in... dual channel?

as for the backplate,
about the only trick i know is to put it in the freezer...but i never tried it...
i myself, put a piece of notecard between the mobo/card im trying to...get-off and use something plastic or wood to CAREFULLY pry things off :shrug:

GOOD LUCK!!

both sticks work fine seperately .. when i put them both in .. hangs on 3 leds on the motherboard .. which is memory .. and the top leds of the memory dont light up ..

so who the hell knows

now real quick .. since i switched the htt to 4x at 255 that is over 1000 which the board is rated at .. could i have damaged something on the motherboard .. cpu is fine .. crucial said that would damage the motherboard and has nothing to do with the ram

OMG... they are seriously saying that having the Hyper Transport >1000 killed your mobo...thats just sad

no, it would just be unstable and or not boot if your HT is too high
once set back to a <1000 setting everything should be just fine
(and BTW nobody can even find a reason to have it high, NO benchmarks show any improvement with a x4 , x5 or x3)

btw what voltage were you running through the RAM?
i have 2-3 sticks that mysteriously dont work any more after i used "above average" voltage with my DFI LP Ultra-D...:shrug:
and 1 stick of TCCD that i DIDNT "over-volt" ;) :cry:

i think this motherboard is garbage .. it freezes in the bios now .. running stock speeds .. i think its going back .. ill try my sli-dr i have sitting here tomorrow

any other HSF you can "test" the new mobo with?
or another set of ram with the currant mobo?

only thing i can think of is THIS but i dont know if it will help...we are talking about a sticker here right?

i dont know, sounds like the ram to me but, since you have a mobo there to test you might as well.... :shrug:

you have tried both sticks @ stock right? EDIT: yep

PS
that stuff will turn AS5 or dielectric grease into "water" in about 5 sec ;)

lol yeah its like 3m sticky or some crap they have on it ..

i dunno what im gonna do ..
i just want a nice overclock and leave my system alone ..

i wish my x2 3800+ could hit 2750 .. but it cant do crap .. prolly sending it back and keeping my winnie at 2550-2600

update .. the memory will work fine but only in single channel on the ultra-d .. both sticks will work together if one in orange and 1 in yellow .. im gonna try all this stuff in my sli-dr now

Back