• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 6600GT is better.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you will get some games with each if i remeber right. i have owned both (the pci-e version) and i had MAJOR problems with the XFX but others on the forum will swear by them. To be honest, every 6600gt is about the same performance wise. I know some come with the 1.6ns ram and others come with 2.0ns ram.in the end i hear the xfx is a good overclocker. the evga is a really nice one and i never had any problems with it. i, myself would go with a BFG if you could, or a chaintech. or a leadtek.. all 3 of these are the best quality IMO

hmm. The evga and xfx are the cheapest agp gts. The other onces are more than 200 and im on a tight budget.

I am going to have to go with the XFX one since im looking for stability. I recently killed my 9600XT and my parents are helping me buy this one except i can't Overclock it. :( It has a 50 mhz higher mem clock than the others and reviews say its good. The package is nice too. Thanks guys.

I got the eVGA 6600Gt and have had zero problems with it although it didn't come with any games. I haven't tried overclocking much yet so can't give you any results there...

Personaly, I would choose the Evga one mainly b/c of the brand name. Some people will swear by xfx and xfx cards seem to have good OCs, but I have heard of some people having problems with xfx cards. On the other hand, I have never heard of any problems with Evga cards and my Evga 6800nu Overclocks nicely.

okay. turns out i went to the store and found out that they were out of stock onthe xfx. They had the evga on sale for 170 dollars CAD so i bought it. its working fantastically, had a prob with drivers in the beggining but its great now. :D

Tyreal said:
okay. turns out i went to the store and found out that they were out of stock onthe xfx. They had the evga on sale for 170 dollars CAD so i bought it. its working fantastically, had a prob with drivers in the beggining but its great now. :D

yeah yeah! gg dude. the evga is awesome, hf ;)

This EVGA is serving me greatly right now. I love running my games at high settings. Near the end of my 9600XT's life ihad everything low. AA 2x, AS 2x.... it just sucked. But now its blazing fast.

I would love to play on a 7800GTX and see how those fly.

Back