• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW, BF2 is ticking me off!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

Well, finally went out and bought BF2 and i have to say it's a big pain in the a** so far! It started when i installed the game and got these errors.
md5error4nk.jpg

md5error23se.jpg

Then while playing everyone kept team killing me and saying my name was the enemy colors! I tried a few different servers and got the same results! A lot of lag, a bunch of team killing and lots of waiting to join a server! That was a waste of $50.!!

dylskee said:
Then while playing everyone kept team killing me and saying my name was the enemy colors!
yes thats a known glitch. if its happening in every server every time you should reinstall your game and see if it fixes it.

mage_x said:
yes thats a known glitch. if its happening in every server every time you should reinstall your game and see if it fixes it.

Cool, thanks for the info, i'll reinstall now. That's pretty frustrating getting killed by enemy's and your own team!!

lol ive not had that problem or glitch yet :D

mind you not played the game for a while me stuck in guild wars :s

they must have made a HUGE bad batch of discs, cause mine had the 1st error, as well as my brother's, and we bought them in CT and MD, i installed with my DVD burner and he with his CD burner... same results on 2 different sets.

as for the enemy name thing, i'm sure they'll get that figured out... i have seen that happen maybe 2 times while ive been playing and it is definately a PITA

some guy got really ****ed off at me when i was killing him like crazy. he was on my own team, but his name was in red. he was cussing me out and sought after me after i killed him the 5th time.. thats when the fun began

All of those things that happened to you happened to me, but the part where your teamates names were in red... that was wierd. They would spawn in red and i would kill em. It was fun until i realized what was going on and then i got booted from the game. :santa:

shard said:
They fixed the enemy name issue with the 1.03 patch.

Yeah they fixed that, but they also created more issues. For example I am getting ping rates of 300ms on up for all servers and I get stutter like mad in the games. Before the patch everything worked fine for me.

CarRamrod said:
Yeah they fixed that, but they also created more issues. For example I am getting ping rates of 300ms on up for all servers and I get stutter like mad in the games. Before the patch everything worked fine for me.

I think its an issue with the ping reporting, becuase I can play at 250 pings, and still plays smooth as butter.

shard said:
They fixed the enemy name issue with the 1.03 patch.

Nope, the red name bug is still present. i know this because i have personally experienced it several times post patch, no sightings of the blue name bug fortunately though

BTW the second file is not a big deal... I delete it anyways so I don't have to sit through the ads.

I experienced the blue name bug post patch 1.03 :(

I got my copy when the game first came out and it's installed perfectly several times. Must be an issue with later copies?

I read somewhere that logging out of your BF2 account, and then back in can sometimes resolve the issues with name colors showing up incorrectly.

the only problem I have is with the 1.03 patch not all of the filters work, if I have so many checked off then it will give me a completely blank list. this happen to anyone else?

Yes I get the blank list as well. But I havent played much since the patch due to the stutter and lag I get. EA/Dice is just wonderful.

Back