• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heard of this cooler...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it's pretty good if you have some nice fans in there, the problem is getting a board and case you can mount it in.

Forget it. I had a motherboard with the "optimal" configuration to use it fanless. Even constructing a duct, I was getting 85C+ temps on load... 70C at idle! I don't know how it would perform with 2 60mm fans, but my recommendation is to STAY AWAY FROM THIS COOLER. Get a Ninja. A Sonic Tower. A Big Typhoon. A Thermalright fill-in-the-blank. NOT this cooler.

1cem4n said:
maybe a SILVERSTONE case? i would still rather have a SI-120.
-1cem4n

They do make a "special" Silverstone case for it but its not gonna matter if its not compatible with the motherboard.

Forget it. I had a motherboard with the "optimal" configuration to use it fanless. Even constructing a duct, I was getting 85C+ temps on load... 70C at idle! I don't know how it would perform with 2 60mm fans, but my recommendation is to STAY AWAY FROM THIS COOLER. Get a Ninja. A Sonic Tower. A Big Typhoon. A Thermalright fill-in-the-blank. NOT this cooler.

Check out the review on it.

Tigerdirect Buyer Review said:
Bought this on a whim and I couldn't be happier with the proformance this product is delivering on my system. I run a 3.4 p4 that even overclocked to 3.9 /4.02 it rarely sees a temprature above 45c. averages a constant 39 c. I almost bought the case silverstone makes just for this heatsink but I opted for a coolermaster wavemaster. The nt/01 is super easy to install and offers exactly the kind of proformance the company claims it does. buy it!!!!!!!!!! oh and it looks real cool too!!!!!!!

I dont think you could get those temps with that cooler. Me thinks it is a fake review, or that guy has some major mobo temp problems.

Last edited:
anybody who adds that many exclamation mark, can't decide whether he is overclocked to "3.9 /4.02", and spells performance like "proformance" shouldn't even be allowed to go on a computer.

-1cem4n

1cem4n said:
anybody who adds that many exclamation mark, can't decide whether he is overclocked to "3.9 /4.02", and spells performance like "proformance" shouldn't even be allowed to go on a computer.

-1cem4n

:clap: agreed.

1cem4n said:

-1cem4n
did you mean exclamation marks?
lol don't knock on other people spelling and grammer if you do the same things

millhouse said:
They do make a "special" Silverstone case for it but its not gonna matter if its not compatible with the motherboard.

Check out the review on it.

I dont think you could get those temps with that cooler. Me thinks it is a fake review, or that guy has some major mobo temp problems.
Fake review. Or he had a monster fan going. In a quiet system, you CANNOT use this outside of the special Silverstone case. I did hit the point where thermal throttling kicked in.

Stay far, far away.

Back