• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIG_E

Registered
I have just o/c my 3200+ to 2.5 stable. When I start playing video games my video card temperatures shoot right up to over 70 when they used to stay in the 50's. Now that seems way to hot. Is this due to the overclock, I didn't think overclocking would affect my video card??

help???

During load my mildly OCed 6800GTo gets up right around 69-70. I dont think its a problem.

My computer room is a little warm too so that may be a problem for me. I also dont have any huge heatsink on the card or wonderful airflow through the case.

This only started happening after the overclock. What causes a video card to heat up when my processor is overclocked???

Correct me if I am wrong but dont you have to lock the pci slots before you OC otherwise you might OC the devices as well?

my s754 Clawhammer 3000+ is at 2.4Ghz 1.65vcore but my 6800GT is 46c idle and 59c load (62c when it's really warm in the house) but with the stock 6800GT cooler it was getting up to 72c....they're supposed failure point is 120c...but i think they're full of crap.

Back