• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who was the guy that was making the powerstation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That looks pretty neat, you could have a psu for mb and graphics and this for everything else. You could also use it to help with clean wires

It's just a modular cable extension. Not at all like what I'm working on and not as space saving as just having a modular power supply.
Quite a comparatively lame solution they came up with.

Every time you add a plug and jack to a voltage path, you add another contact resitance point, not to mention opportunity for failure. The more times you plug and unplug the connection, the worse the point contact resistance becomes. That was the main reason I avoided modular PSU's despite the appeal of only having as many cables cluttering the inside of the case as were needed to do the job.

Hoot

If you take your time and route the wires cleanly(it is a big pain) than this is nothing more than a waste of money.............. That being said I wish I had the money to waste on this power supply. :)

12V voltage isn't so hot either. 2x15A Maximum (which really means much much less).

I do think the mini p.s.t. option would be pretty cool if it came with a rheostat. But then you could just buy a multi channel bus rheostat.

It seems pretty cool at first, until you really start thinking about it. Furthermore, just looking at the picture of the system installed, it seems fairly obvious that it doesn't actually make cable clutter any less.

navig

ya hideing wires would be fun on that thats a bout as bad as what in running now
normal_DSC01415.JPG

Hoot said:
Every time you add a plug and jack to a voltage path, you add another contact resitance point, not to mention opportunity for failure. The more times you plug and unplug the connection, the worse the point contact resistance becomes. That was the main reason I avoided modular PSU's despite the appeal of only having as many cables cluttering the inside of the case as were needed to do the job.

Hoot

i have never seen this happen first hand as far as the plug and unplug goes. their are a lot of modular psu users out there and i havent seen any complants?

Captain Slug said:
It's just a modular cable extension. Not at all like what I'm working on and not as space saving as just having a modular power supply.
Quite a comparatively lame solution they came up with.

Speaking of which how is your design coming along?

Back