• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to A64 overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

well i just got my new rig today and im keen to get some overclocking done. problem is this is the first A64 i have ever looked at and i know nothing about them. been doing some reading over the last few days in the forums and got some tips and so on but i kinda wanna know some basic things of what i can expect out of my system. what i have is.

Epox 9NPA+ Ultra
3200+ Venice (forgot to get the stepping code :bang head )
2x 512mb OCZ Premium 7-3-32.5 stock timings

so a few tips id like to know is basically.
what sort of FSB can i get out of this board? id like to just run a stable system on air cooling.
what kind of FSB and multi should i run with this chip? and also whats a safe voltage?
also how much can i expect out of this ram?

having said that what i have done so far is.

was running 265mhz fsb with ram running on 133 and vcore on 1.65v prime 95 failed first test every time but i was playing games fine and benchmarking fine. i have managed to get my ram running up to 225mhz on 1:1 with my CPU without anymore voltage and was running games fine.

so yeh if anyone knows what i can do to get the best stable OC on this without going overbaord id be very happy. theres lots of things in these new A64 and nforce 4 boards i just dont understand even after spenind hours of reading :bang head

well thanks heaps for any tips you can gimme.

Back