• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Current/Past players of TFC/QWTF/Q3F (POST HERE)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I played TFC (the first mod for the original half-life) for about 5 years, I started off as a big "n00b" and moved my way up in the talent bracket by joining and competing with other clans, and finally made my way up to a top-10 clan about a year and a half ago. I am just wondering if there are any other players out there that play or used to play any of these games.

I am mainly doing this to point to a new upcoming mod for Half-Life 2 called Fortress Forever. It is going to be pretty much based off of TFC style playing, with a few tweaks here and there. They are completely making the entire game by scratch, as I have known the people who are making the game (mostly old TFC players that have some professional/expert experience with programming/modeling/textures/animation/sounds etc). I hope that you guys can give this mod a shot when it comes out. It is into development, and there isn't a playable beta yet but you can check out their forums and their media section to see everything that is going on.

Also an avid TFC player, easily my favorite multiplayer FPS of all time, and I've been eagerly awaiting the release of Fortress Forever since it was announced, its a shame TFC's pretty much dead. I thought Q3F was even better than tfc, but it never got a decent community. We'll need to get together when Fortress Forever comes out.

odin

odin, do you ever frequent the catacombs? there are a lot of current and retired TFC players there (especially in the forums - which I am a super-moderator at). www.thecatacombs.net if you want to check it out.

are you the creator of the odin's graveyard servers? if so I give you some big props for keeping those going for so long.

I loved TFC back in the day, played it when it first came out for hl. I havent really played it recently though, but im also waiting for fortress forever and another tfc mod for ut2k4 :)

heck maybe we'll get lucky and hear something about tf2.....maybe....it could happen....they are just waiting to release it with dukem nukem forever i hear :p

i actually lost confidence in TF2 from 4 years ago when it was initially announced... to be somewhat like a DoD/CS mix. Besides, from the treatment (or lack there of) on the people who would still play TFC I don't believe Valve has any idea of what people would want in an updated TFC. All I know is that all FF threads in the steam forums get deleted.

Janus67 said:
odin, do you ever frequent the catacombs? there are a lot of current and retired TFC players there (especially in the forums - which I am a super-moderator at). www.thecatacombs.net if you want to check it out.

are you the creator of the odin's graveyard servers? if so I give you some big props for keeping those going for so long.

No, thats not me, I run other servers...I will check out that site though.

Back