• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This Can't Be Right

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jcw88

I was looking at deal that takes my system info and it says that i have HT but it's disabled, now I'm pretty sure I don't have HT but i was curious as to why this is saying I have it but it's disabled. Here's a Pic

Attachments

• HT.jpg
    HT.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 103
None of those options bring up my CPU. And man i guess i didnt know as much as I thought I did (and that wasnt much to begin with). I know my CPU does'nt have HT I was just wondering why there a couple different programs that say it does.

Jcw88 said:
None of those options bring up my CPU. And man i guess i didnt know as much as I thought I did (and that wasnt much to begin with). I know my CPU does'nt have HT I was just wondering why there a couple different programs that say it does.
usually when you oc' a chip, it makes cpuid programs go bonkers (diff chip logo's, ht), and it assumes you have something else.

Ahhh ok now that I understand easier lol. Thanks for going through the trouble for my stupid question, it was just making me wonder why and you answered that question.Thanks

If the CPU in your signature is correct, then you should have Hyperthreading. All 800 bus P-4 processors have HT. Make sure it's enabled in the BIOS. Next, what OS are you using? HT will only work in Win2k and WinXP.

It's a 533 fsb. And I didn't know the northwood cores supported HT.
But I'm guessing since mine is a 533 fsb that it won't have HT cause I looked at intels site and they didn't say anything about the 533 fsb P4's having HT.Oh and I'm running XP Pro.
Thanks for the help guys

Last edited:
well then you need to update your sig. you don't have a 2.8c (800fsb, HT enabled), you have a 2.8b (533fsb, HT present, but permanently disabled by intel).

Right, all Northwoods have HT present, but Intel only enables the 800 bus ones. The one exception is the 3.06 533 bus CPU. Oh yeah, before you ask, there is no way to enable HT on non-HT processors.

Back